SUSE Dedicate Support EngineerApply Now Job ID 309757 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Xi'an, CN
SUSE Dedicate Support Engineer
Employment type: Regular, full-time
Location: Xi’an, China (homebased)
We are looking for talented engineer with a broad knowledge of Linux server technologies in Xi’an China, with in-depth understanding of Linux kernel and skilled hands-on experience for Linux administration & user space stacks. Candidates will be expected to have sophisticated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills especially in Linux kernel and glibc.
The experts we’re looking for are to be self-motivated, have a strong desire and ability to learn new stuffs quickly and grow their skillset across a wide range of technologies. As this position needs our applicants to work onsite with customer, a decent customer facing & management, inter-personal soft skills are also required for building relationship properly.
The candidate will be expected to be a good team player, to work efficiently with backend L2/L3 and engineering team for issue escalation and investigation.
- Working onsite as account engineer regularly to handle technical issues.
- Provide supports to Linux server products, be responsible for L2 troubleshooting and analysis independently.
- Taking ownership of technical issues, working with backend L3 and engineering for possible escalation.
- Participation in delivering technical trainings/workshops to customer if required.
- Provide proactive advisory assistance by working with customer’s LOB engineering in development phase.
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution skills & experience as knowledge base.
- Proactively help customer on delivering security fixes/patches and identifying potential issues in advance.
- Maintain weekly report to management.
- BE or MS or equivalent in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux server technologies in general.
- In-depth understanding & experience of Linux Kernel, at least one subsystem.
- Proficient in hands-on Linux Administration and user space stacks.
- Sophisticated in issue troubleshooting with experienced problem solving skills.
- General customer facing and management (spoken and written) skills.
- Fluent speaking and writing in English.
- Smooth inter-personal communication soft skills between frontend customer and SUSE backend support.
- Ability to work flexibly and efficiently under pressure and timeline.
- May at times be required to work outside of standard business hours.
- Experience of SUSE Linux products will be a plus.
- R&D developing or technical onsite support working experience will be a plus.
- Understanding & experience to enterprise Storage and Network.
- Experience & knowledge of Virtualization (Xen, KVM), Cloud and Container technologies.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com