SUSE - FEDERAL SALES ENGINEERApply Now Job ID 311785 Date posted 10/16/2018 Location: Washington DC, Virginia
SUSE - FEDERAL SALES ENGINEER
North America Sales
National Capital Region - Washington DC Metro, Virginia, Maryland
Join SUSE and experience a unique, team-oriented culture that manages to combine the flat hierarchy, friendliness, and agility of a startup with being backed by the resources of the 7th largest pure-play software company in the world. SUSE encourages our team members to demonstrate initiative in finding new ways for us to grow and spread the SUSE message; we respect and value contributions from the entire team helping us to do so.
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, we are looking for an expert to address technical challenges from a commercial perspective. You are a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision and a proven team player. You know what is needed to work in a small local team with a big virtual team around you.
A strong candidate will have at least 5 years of expert level experience with Enterprise Linux, Data Center Infrastructure, and Pre-Sales Engagement with US Federal Customers. Hands-on experience with three or more of the following disciplines is a must:
- SAP Application Infrastructure
- Linux High Availability Clustering
- Public Cloud Infrastructure
- Infrastructure as a Service / OpenStack
- Container as a Service / Docker / Kubernetes
- Software Defined Storage / Ceph
- Platform as a Service / Cloud Foundry
Experiences with cloud-native application infrastructure, workload orchestration, and DevOPS/CI-CD workflows are desirable.
Support the SUSE US Federal Sales Team and Assigned Partners to meet and exceed sales and coverage objectives. Focus on new opportunity acquisition within major accounts and extending existing customer relationships. Support peer Sales Engineers with specialized expertise in key focus areas.
- Provide the highest level of technical expertise on products within the SUSE product portfolio; share in-depth knowledge of SUSE's solutions with customers and SUSE's own sales teams.
- Drive software revenue while simultaneously supporting multiple opportunities across assigned customers, working with several sales colleagues.
- Work across the SUSE Sales Organization, SUSE Services and Partner Alliances teams to identify and qualify new opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Communicate and demonstrate technical features and customer benefits of SUSE Open Source solutions to solve identified customer problems and close customer opportunities.
- Initiate and/or assist with proposal creation or customer requests (e.g. RFPs) for creative integrated solutions leveraging SUSE's product set.
- Take a pro-active leadership role in owning pre-sales relationship with assigned customers
- Plan, Document, install, and support software evaluations and Proof-of-Concepts as a tool to progress sales opportunities.
- Participate in regional marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert
- Customer Feedback / Interface with Product Management and SUSE R&D
Required skills and experiences:
- United States Citizen – Secret and/or Top-Secret Security Clearance Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Familiarity with Security Standards and processes implemented by US Government Entities
- Direct hands on experience with Enterprise Linux, Openstack, Kubernetes and CEPH preferred
- Self-starter with a track record of learning emerging technology
- 5+ years of work in sales engineering or professional services with enterprise customers
- Strong background in sales processes, and knowledge of pricing
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to create customer proposals and presentations
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Professional business acumen and ability to speak to executive level partners/clients
Reporting: Regional Manager of Technical Sales – East Region
Travel: Ability to travel 50%, primarily in North America, USA
Location: National Capital Region - Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
SUSE®, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com