Technical Architect Cloud LabJob ID 312332 Date posted 02/07/2019 Location: Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg
Technical Architect Cloud Lab
Department: SUSE Alliance Management – Reporting to Director of SAP Global Alliance
Location: Walldorf, Germany
SUSE is a leader in the Openstack Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) market, with SUSE OpenStack Cloud receiving numerous awards since its release as the first enterprise distribution in 2012. SAP and SUSE are closely collaborating on optimizing SUSE OpenStack Cloud for SAP Cloud Platform, SAP’s Platform-as-a-Service Offering, as well as driving joint development for Cloud Foundry, software-defined storage, and Kubernetes.
The Technical Architect Cloud Lab is a key technical role for all collaboration on OpenStack, Ceph-based storage, Kubernetes, and Cloud Foundry between SUSE, SAP and other ecosystem partners.
- Provide subject matter expertise for SUSE OpenStack Cloud for SAP Cloud Platform
- Support customers and partners in designing the infrastructure to run SAP Cloud Platform on SUSE OpenStack Cloud within Proof-of-Concepts
- Collaborate with SUSE and SAP customer support to resolve technical issues
- Validate SUSE OpenStack releases for SAP Cloud Platform
- Present and communicate SUSE technical solutions and best practices to partners and customers individually or at large events
- Develop technical documentation (Whitepapers, Best Practice Guides, SAPNotes, SCN articles, others),
- Represent, coordinate, and prioritize SAP's technical requests with SUSE product management and engineering
- Enable SUSE and Partner system engineers on SUSE and SAP best practices
- Work closely with SUSE R&D, Support, and Product Management
- 10+ years technical experience in enterprise software
- In-depth technical understanding of OpenStack and Linux
- Technical understanding of Cloud Foundry, Ceph-based storage, Kubernetes a plus
- Technical understanding of SAP software (e.g. HANA, SAP Cloud Platform) a plus
- Project Management skills a plus
- Self-starting individual with the ability to initiate and drive projects on his/her own
- Ability to present to large audiences at events (e.g. SAP Teched or SUSECon), as well as to customers or partners individually
- Ability to write Blogposts, Whitepapers, Best Practice Guides, SAPNotes, SCN articles
- English language skills required; German language skills are a plus
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com