Partner Technical Program Manager for OpenStackApply Now Job ID 309270 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Walldorf or remote work, DE
Partner Technical Program Manager for OpenStack
Job Location: Walldorf, Germany or remote
We are looking for a smart, organized, hands-on person to step into the role of Technical Program Manager and help our Cloud R&D team organize, manage, and deliver the significant work we're doing in conjunction with one of our key strategic partners, SAP. This role will challenge and grow your organization and relationship management skills as well as your technical knowledge in the area of cloud computing.
* Work with SAP's R&D leadership to define, agree, and track common goals and deliverables
* Participate in and facilitate the design of solutions to challenges met in large OpenStack deployments
* Structure and maintain up-to-date information about the progress of the technical collaboration and milestones to share both internally with SUSE and with SAP
* Maintain a strong, collaborative relationship with SAP and act as their advocate within SUSE
* Detect, manage, and resolve any escalations, with an eye to improving our collaboration to prevent similar issues in the future
* Keep the joint engineering team informed and focused on projects and their goals, as well as the intended outcome of each project
* Strong, demonstrated project management and project organization skills with a clear systems thinking approach to structuring projects, processes, stakeholders, and communication/reporting rhythms
* Outstanding relationship building and communication skills, whether one to one, with teams, or with executive management
* Hands-on experience with OpenStack, enabling active participation in and steering of the design of the architecture of an OpenStack deployment
* Ability to negotiate with technical teams and executive management to create achievable plans
* Demonstrated ability to orient and motivate software engineering teams towards a desired outcome
* Ability to step up as technical lead when circumstances require it
* Experience working in an agile environment and good understanding of agile methodologies
* Technical expertise in OpenStack, Linux, virtualization and related technologies
* Exposure to at least one modern configuration management solution (such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet)
* Experience with source code management systems (ideally Github) and software packaging
* Software development experience in Python or Ruby
* Passion for people and technology
* Willingness to learn and experiment
Why work with us:
* We are a tightly knitted global team that is passionate about Cloud technologies and Open Source development.
* We invest in Open Source communities and do software development upstream-first.
* We enjoy being successful as a team, and help build relationships and provide support for people to be successful in our teams.
* We strongly value focus, courage, openness, commitment, and respect.
* We can accommodate flexible working hours.
* We host regular events to build up relationships and friendships within our team and across the company. These range from informal meet and drink sessions to themed multi-day events in off-site locations.
* We have a tradition of hackathons and workshops on company, department, and team levels.
* We provide opportunities to work with people from around the world.
* We often provide opportunities for travel to conferences around the world.
* We like to have a lot of fun!
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com