SUSE Partner Sales EngineerApply Now Job ID 309975 Date posted 11/27/2017 Location: Any city, US
SUSE PARTNER SALES ENGINEER
Location: Flexible across the US
This position is home office based and will require business travel to support our sales efforts in the US and Canada.
North American System Integration partners
SUSE is looking for a SUSE Sales Engineer 10+ years expert level experience with Linux and experience selling software to large and very large enterprise customers. The qualified candidate will have strong technical and business communication skills, and experience with large Systems Integration / Consulting organizations is preferred. In this role, the candidate will report to the Manager of Technical Sales – East Region..
Use of Technology Sales skills such as SUSE product demonstrations, technical opportunity qualification, effective proof of concept delivery and understanding of the markets and competition is required of the desired candidate. Working with the assigned SUSE Partner Executive, this position will complement SUSE’s business development efforts with the Systems Integrator from a technical sales perspective.
Success will be measured in partner revenue and progression of SUSE solutions within the partner’s business offerings.
Successful engagement with our Systems Integration Partners will include assistance with product demonstrations, understanding of our jointly developed Reference Architectures, implementation of SUSE’s solutions within the partners briefing centers and collaboration with the partners requests for proposal and requests for information. The candidate will effectively leverage their knowledge of SUSE’s solutions and the SUSE organizational resources to assist the partner.
Required skills and experiences:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Direct hands on experience with Linux, Openstack and CEPH preferred.
- Self starter with a track record of learning emerging technology
- 10+ years of work in sales engineering or professional services in the enterprise
- Strong background sales process, and knowledge of pricing
- Excellent writing skills and ability to created presentation and customer proposals
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience working with Systems Integration Partners
- Ability to install and document SUSE solutions within the Systems Integrators proof of concept lab and/or customer briefing center
- Professional business acumen and ability to speak to executive level partners/clients
Travel: Ability to travel 50-60%, primarily in North America, Eastern US
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com