SUSE Partner Sales Engineer -- SAP SolutionsApply Now Job ID 311363 Date posted 08/09/2018 Location: Any, US
SUSE Partner Sales Engineer -- SAP Solutions
Technical Sales Specialist with specialization in SUSE Enterprise Linux Server for SAP Applications and complementary technologies
Location flexible within North America
SUSE is seeking an exceptional individual to serve as a pre-sales technical expert for SUSE products and solutions across North America. You will work closely with SUSE Partner Executives selling in the SAP Infrastructure Marketplace; advocating the use of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications and other SAP relevant technology offerings in the SUSE Product Portfolio. Emphasis for this role is acquisition of new customers and expansion of the SUSE partner ecosystem. Domain expertise will also be provided to existing SUSE customers leveraging both on-premise and cloud deployment models.
Working within our extended Sales team; SUSE Sales Engineers are responsible for management of assigned partner and customer technology relationships. You will be part of an aggressive sales organization, but, will at the core remain a technical expert who is an active participant in the sales process. Team members are expected to drive positive customer outcomes in sales pursuits, product demonstrations, and by providing assistance with infrastructure and integration challenges faced by customer and partner technical staff. Sales teams are responsible for meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Provide the highest level of technical knowledge and expertise on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications and related open source technologies within the SUSE product portfolio to partners and customers.
- Execution of SUSE defined SAP Sales Plays with and through the SUSE Partner ecosystem in support of joint customer success.
- Provide product and solutions knowledge transfer to assigned partners.
- Communicate and demonstrate technical features, business value of SUSE products and solutions to solve identified customer problems.
- Take responsibility for customer/partner opportunities; with a focus on value driven outcomes and results.
- Initiate and/or assist with proposal development for creative, partner integrated solutions.
- Express how current and prospect SUSE customers and partners can enhance their current infrastructure with the introduction of software defined storage, public/private cloud and Linux container-based solutions.
- Take a pro-active leadership role in designing, creating, installing, and supporting customer evaluation and proof-of-concept endeavors.
- Drive expert-level communication of customer/partner feedback and market experience to product management organization within SUSE.
- Identify new opportunities that can be satisfied by SUSE solutions, products, and services.
- Provide sales, enablement and training assistance in partner opportunities as leads are qualified and pursued.
- Provide product and solutions knowledge transfer to customers, partners, SUSE sales people, and peers as it relates to positive opportunity development and revenue.
- Participate in marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert.
Reports to the East Region Manager of Sales Engineering for North America, based out of Detroit.
- First and foremost, a technical expert who can operate effectively in a sales environment
- Drive software revenue while simultaneously supporting multiple opportunities across assigned customers, working with several sales colleagues.
- Deep knowledge and/or recent certifications in Linux (SUSE preferred, but other versions acceptable), SAP, Windows, common virtualization platforms and state-of-the-art management solutions in complex infrastructure environments.
- Knowledge of public cloud infrastructure and partners is desirable.
- Experience with open source software in enterprise customer environments
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Sales, Pre-sales, Consulting, Technical Support roles
- Solution architecture and implementation experience
- Excellent networking, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong sales orientation
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented
- Bachelors degree in technology or comparable experience
- Willingness to travel 50%+
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com