SUSE Consultant - North AmericaApply Now Job ID 309840 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Any, US
SUSE Consultant - North America
Location: US (Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Dallas, Denver, etc.)
Our SUSE Consulting team is growing. We are looking for consultants with an excellent background in delivering Linux solutions to enterprise customers. New consultants will join our current team of subject matter experts and will be given the technical training needed to ensure we provide world class consulting services to our SUSE customers. Technical skills and capabilities need to be balanced with very strong inter-personal skills to be able to work closely with our customers and become their trusted advisor, as well as with consulting partner organisations to develop their capabilities. This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Services Director in North America. Frequent travel will be a requirement.
- Expertise in identifying customer requirements, designing solution architecture, defining solution configuration, and deploying and implementing Linux solutions.
- Be able to articulate the key values of SUSE products, solution and strategy
- Attend sales meetings to assist customers in the solution needs
- Deliver part/all of the SUSE solution to our customers either as part of a team or leading the delivery on your own
- Create Consulting work packages and assist sales to position/sell them to customers
- Sign-off on projects which have been delivered and produce a project report
- Work with approved technical partners in co-delivered solutions
- Creation and input to Statements-Of-Work and other Services documents
- Input and assistance for Proof-Of-Concepts, ITT, RFP, Services proposals
- Input to best practice documents and to specific technical focus groups
- Leading projects where required
- Strong relationship with pre-sales and sales is essential
- A willingness and ability for frequent travel to work at customer locations where required
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven technical skills in designing and delivering enterprise-level solutions in two or more of the following:
- Enterprise Linux
- Linux systems management
- Software-defined storage (ideally, based on Ceph)
- OpenStack private cloud
- Platform-as-a-Service software & Linux container technology such as Docker
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative
- Project Management skills is an advantage
- Extensive experience in high-tech or software company
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office/LibreOffice plus corporate applications
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Applicable Experience
- Culture fit with SUSE is essential in the growing organization.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com