SUSE Sales EngineerApply Now Job ID 309918 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Toronto, CA
SUSE Sales Engineer
SUSE adapts and delivers high performance Linux and open source solutions paired with exceptional service – giving enterprises the smarter innovation they need to succeed.
Location: Toronto/GTA, Ontario
Scope of the position:
The Sales Engineer plays an instrumental role in the overall success of the sales efforts of the region.
As a member of the local sales team, you will present SUSE solutions to our enterprise customers and explain open source technology-based solutions that address their business requirements.
Provide expert technical knowledge of SUSE’s Open Platform Solutions, including SUSE Linux. Drive revenue of assigned products in specialty categories while working with sales colleagues. Work with partners, consultants, and support personnel to identify, initiate and qualify new sales opportunities for SUSE products within accounts. Initiate or assist in proposal creation for creative integrated solutions within the product set of the assigned category. Lead the design, creation, installation, and support of Proof-of-Concept/Product Pilots in pre-sales opportunity assessment. Communicate and demonstrate the technical features and customer and partner benefits of SUSE products and solutions to solve identified customer problems and achieve customer and partner opportunities. Drive communication of customer and partner feedback and market experience to the product management organization within SUSE. Identify new opportunities that can be satisfied by SUSE solutions, products, and services. Provide sales, enablement and training assistance in partner opportunities as leads are qualified and pursued. Provide product and solutions knowledge transfer to customers, partners, SUSE sales teams, and peers as it relates to positive opportunity development and revenue. Participate in marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert.
Place in the organization:
This position reports directly into the Canadian Country Manager.
You will work from a home office and travel approximately 50% of your time.
Minimum qualifications and skills:
Requires Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Economics or related information technology field PLUS five (5) years of experience in sales, pre-sales, a technical support role, or a related role. Must have experience with open source software in the enterprise environment, solution architecture and implementation, and in-depth knowledge of the architectural and operational aspects of the following: Linux Enterprise Server, OpenStack, and Container formats such as Linux packaging via RPM, Kiwi image builder, SAP, Software Defined Storage (Ceph) and Clustering via Corosync and Pacemaker. Up to 50% travel required.
- 5 years + experience selling software to large enterprises
- Experience in successful selling to Canadian Commercial accounts as well as medium and very large Enterprise accounts
- Background in working with partners in penetrating and expanding accounts
- Experienced in managing complex sales processes in a structured manner
- Ability to build internal networks to get right answers for prospective clients and partners
- Proactive, self-motivated, self-starter, who works well alone and without constant supervision.
- Strong track record of exceeding sales goals
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications in English. French an asset.
What does SUSE offer?
- A dynamic, growing team.
- The possibility to grow and expand your experience beyond the assigned responsibilities.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Extensive training on the job when required.
- Professional Development: The ideal candidate commits to and follow through on a development plan that will build skills (sales, product, business management, technology, etc.) necessary to be recognized by customers as a SUSE representative and as an accomplished sales professional.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com
At SUSE we strive to build a great company for our customers, partners, owners, communities and employees. We take responsibility, both individually and collectively and act with integrity and respect. We communicate openly and honestly and foster teamwork. We expect the same mindset from our new colleagues and part of our recruitment process is focused on these company values.
For more information please contact email@example.com.