SUSE PreSales EngineerApply Now Job ID 309762 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Tokyo, JP
SUSE PreSales Engineer
Location: Tokyo, Japan
The Sales Engineer plays an instrumental role in the overall success of the sales team. In general, the SE is responsible for working with strategic partners such as server hardware vendors (both global and Japanese), systems integrators, ISVs and CSPs (cloud service providers) to develop partnership and business model with the latest open source technologies. In some cases, SE works directly with end user customer to assist their PoCs.
As a Sales Engineer, you will:
- Co-develop sales strategies with other SUSE employees both domestic and global
- Meet partners and customers by yourself (without sales) to investigate feasibility of sales strategies and manage its execution
- Perform presentations and follow-up with prospective partners and customers
- Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audience
- Respond to RFPs and RFIs
- Support PoC of partners and/or customers
- Provide technical trainings to partners
- Proactively assist marketing activities, including press interviews, tradeshows, seminars, etc.
- Participate open source community activities
Solution area you cover:
- Linux, OpenStack, Software Defined Storage (Ceph)
- Must have deep technical knowledge of Linux. This is mandatory, any resume which does not meet this criteria will not be considered for interview.
- Interviewees must be prepared to share his/her draft idea or plan to sell SUSE product portfolio in Japan.
- Technical knowledge of Networking and Storage is required.
- An experience of OpenStack, CloudStack, SDS, or SDN is a big plus. An experience of HPC or SAP HANA is also a big plus.
- Advanced writing skill (in Japanese) to develop good presentation and/or white paper is a big plus.
- Business level English language skills to directly communicate with development team overseas is mandatory.
- Ability to travel overseas.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com