Senior Specialist Software EngineerApply Now Job ID 311372 Date posted 12/13/2018 Location: Taipei, TW
Senior Specialist Software Engineer
At SUSE we're building the next-generation container orchestration platform based on Kubernetes, and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us as part of the SUSE Containers team.
Specifically, we are a team working to make the SUSE Container as a Service Platform the most easy to use and administer Kubernetes distribution out there. To achieve this, you would make use of many open source projects, including Kubernetes, Salt, Docker, Ruby-on-Rails and more. This is an outstanding opportunity to build highly available, micro‐service based distributed systems utilizing some of the latest cutting‐edge container technologies.
At SUSE, we're strongly committed to open source and we contribute to numerous free and open projects and initiatives. We embrace and believe in the open source innovation model and the open source business model. As a member of the SUSE Containers team you will have the opportunity to contribute to Kubernetes, Salt and various other open source projects. You will work together with the teams as SUSE and the upstream communities for these projects and strive to continuously advance the state of the art to meet customer requirements.
We're looking for someone who loves to dabble in everything from automation, to systems engineering, to operations – someone who enjoys working on complex problems, and isn’t afraid to span the stack from network architecture all the way to coding on Kubernetes. You should have an analytical mind, experience with computer science concepts and development processes, and a keen interest to learn new things. You will be able to articulate these ideas and assist in bringing these technologies to our customers and partners.
Curiosity and good teamwork are two of the values that drive us as an engineering team. Are you passionate about these values? If so, you would be an extraordinary fit for us. As a team, we're constantly finding new ways to improve ourselves. One way we do this is by hosting regular FOSS-themed “hack weeks,” where all developers (and we mean it) are encouraged to work on any project of their choosing, either individually or as a team. We pride ourselves on our communication and teamwork – we're all in this together!
- You are passionate about programming and creating excellent software which meets the goals of its users.
- You are an excellent teammate, and believe that as a team we can achieve anything but you can also work autonomously with a work style that values results.
- You understand Open Source development processes and culture, and have experience with how to influence their communities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 7+ years related work experience.
- Experience with continuous integration and writing tests for your code.
- Ability to document and automate common tasks. Our motto is to automate everything.
- Understanding of the Linux Operating System and its low level interfaces (e.g. C, POSIX).
- Ability to grok complex problems, break them down into component parts, and come up with correct, elegant solutions to them.
- Experience with complex distributed systems.
- Experience with Docker or other Linux-based container technologies.
- Experience with Configuration Management tooling (Salt, Ansible, Chef).
- Experience with Go, Ruby or Python.
- Proficient in both English and Mandarin.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in globally distributed teams.
- Experience with container orchestration engines; knowledge of Kubernetes would be a plus.
- Experience working directly with sales and assisting with both pre-sales presentations and post-sales guidance for customers.
- Experience with Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS, or Azure.)
- Experience with Bare Metal clusters (PXE, DHCP, Networking.)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or other web frameworks.
- Direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide.
- Regular hack weeks and opportunities to attend conferences and workshops.
- We offer a competitive package & employee benefit that are commensurate with candidate's experience and qualification
- We celebrate success!
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com