SUSE PreSales EngineerApply Now Job ID 309852 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Stockholm, SE
SUSE PreSales Engineer
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Position Type Full-Time
The Sales Engineer plays an instrumental role in the overall success of the sales efforts of the region.
As a member of the local sales team, you will present SUSE solutions to our enterprise customers and explain open source technology-based solutions that address their business requirements.
This position reports into the Regional Manager Scandinavia and will be based in the SUSE office in Stockholm.
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, we are looking for an expert to address technical challenges from a commercial perspective. You are a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision and a proven team player – you know what it is to work in a small local team with a big virtual team around you.
As a Sales Engineer, you will:
- Develop and co-develop sales strategies with other SUSE employees. Local and International.
- Drive revenue while working with several sales colleagues and own the technical sales cycle.
- Work with partners, consulting, support, and education on new opportunities within our customers and prospects.
- Initiate and/or assist in proposal creation - RPF’s and RFI’s - and contribute the technical component.
- Propose, prepare and deliver proof of concept and Proof of Value.
- Provide sales, enablement and training assistance in partner opportunities.
- Participate in marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert.
- Meet partners/clients and customers by yourself (without sales) to investigate feasibility of sales strategies and manage its execution.
- Perform presentations and follow-up with prospective partners and customers.
- Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audience.
Solution Areas you will cover:
- Linux, Special focus on OpenStack, Software Defined Storage (Ceph)
- Technology related degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a related role – pre-sales, technical account management or consulting
- Previous pre-sales experience within an enterprise software vendor
- An experience of OpenStack, SDS, or SDN is a big plus
- Experience with open source software in the enterprise environment
- Solution architecture and implementation experience
- Excellent networking, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong sales orientation
What does SUSE offer?
SUSE offers a dynamic, fun working environment. SUSE continues to grow in the Enterprise Open Source community with leading technology that is relevant to addressing enterprise client’s requirements – Agility, Flexibility, Openness, Cloud, Storage etc.
If you are looking at getting involved in a company that gets Open Source and remains true to the ethos of Open Source, then SUSE is your home.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com