Regional Sales ManagerApply Now Job ID 311815 Date posted 10/22/2018 Location: Stockholm, SE
Regional Sales Manager
SUSE® provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. With partners and communities, we innovate, adapt and deliver secure Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage software to create solutions for mixed enterprise IT environments. We help customers harness the benefits and power of an open enterprise that can empower their possibilities.
SUSE is looking for a Regional Sales Manager to take care of our Scandinavian sales team based in Stockholm.
Description of position
This role is leading the Scandinavian sales team consisting of direct, channel sales and pre-sales individuals with the ultimate responsibility to bring in the assigned revenue number for SUSE in line with the SUSE vision, mission and strategy. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for SUSE’s success in the area. Success is defined as: meeting targets, building and maintaining strong, long term, revenue generating customers and partner relationships including a successful - high quality – motivated sales team.
You will be measured on an area team target which consist out of selling of software and services into your team’s accounts through the appropriate channels: i.e. most sales will be fulfilled through our channel partners (distributors, resellers).
Place in the organization
This position reports into the Regional Director for the Northern European region.
- To create and retain a strong team of Sales, Pre-Sales and Partner Sales professionals that supports the Scandinavian goals defined to grow, focused on the right products and markets and ultimately create customer success;
- Guidance, coaching, development and management of the local sales team on a daily basis with the aim to become successful as a team –short term and long term;
- Management of all commercial sales activities in the area;
- Establish productive relationships throughout SUSE (across functional groups, Business Units and geographies) to optimize efficiency and have information between your team and the rest of the SUSE organization;
- Management and reporting of pipeline and forecast in the area;
- Keeps up to date with new products, messaging, horizontal and vertical market trends, supporting technologies and competitive intelligence and understands how to translate this knowledge into activities that will improve the Pre-Sales and Sales team capabilities to execute;
- Works closely with marketing to support market introductions and marketing events;
- Represents and protects the SUSE culture in Scandinavia.
- Bookings performance against various target;
- Product/Portfolio mix sold;
- Pipeline development;
- Team productivity and efficiency.
Profile and experience
- Minimum: 10 - 15 years’ experience in a sales and marketing environment of high technology solutions and experience in supervisory management roles;
- Proven new business (sales) experience in complex, high value enterprise software environment with the ability to find/create/progress/close new business;
- Proven success in closing direct and indirect software business;
- Affinity in Open Source market;
- The ability to work credibly at all levels including board and operational levels;
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in Swedish and English;
- Cultural sensitivity is essential;
- Norwegian and Danish language skills are an advantage but not essential;
- Self-starter who can work with minimum supervision and has experience in remote management;
- Team player, with experience of matrix management, and the maturity to understand how to work with and motivate individuals who make up the “virtual team”.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational and leadership skills in a sales team environment; ability to be flexible and creative;
- Advanced organizational sensitivity, planning and time management skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbally and in writing. Capacity to effectively interrelate at the highest levels within SUSE and industry, customers, vendors, government and other outside organizations;
- Experience in leading change in a growing business. Foster a culture of innovation.
- Proven business judgment in a market-driven industry – good business instincts;
- Willingness to listen and learn from others;
- Likes to be in the challenger position versus being a position protector, likes to build and grow a business versus caretaking;
- Ability to “think outside the box”;
- Energetic and hungry for success;
- High integrity – makes and keeps commitments.
What does SUSE offer?
Besides working in a dynamic and enthusiastic team the ideal candidate commits to and follows through on a development plan that will build skills (sales, product, business management, technology, etc) necessary in order to grow with SUSE and make a difference in the future of SUSE and to be recognized by stakeholders as an accomplished SUSE representative.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com