Singapore SUSE Customer SupportApply Now Job ID 311610 Date posted 09/26/2018 Location: Singapore, SG
Singapore SUSE Customer Support
Location: Singapore, Singapore
We are growing our SUSE Global Support organisation and are currently seeking highly motivated Technical Support Engineers to provide technical support and problem resolution to our customers using SUSE Linux products and offerings. Our portfolio includes SUSE Linux Enterprise Server/Desktop, SUSE Linux High Availability Extension, SUSE Manager, SUSE Cloud, SUSE Enterprise Storage, Container/Docker/Kubernetes, but to name a few of the exciting products and technologies we work with.
You will be joining a team of highly skilled Linux technical specialists providing our global SUSE customers with a 24/7 "follow the sun" support service. As a Technical Support Engineer at SUSE your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex, critical and sensitive support issues both over the phone, electronically and occasionally on-site.
- Collaborate efficiently with your Technical Support colleagues, both locally in Bangalore and globally across locations including Germany, Czechia, US and Singapore.
- Engage with next level support, development and/or product management colleagues when necessary in order to resolve customer problems.
- Recreate customer issues and, if needed, document solutions to known/common issues.
- Learning and accumulating knowledge on new technologies, and act as a multiplier.
- Availability to occasionally be on call after hours and on weekends.
- Occasional travel to the support headquarters for training and mentoring.
- Occasional travel to customer locations may be required in order to resolve technical issues. Attending and contributing on customer facing conferences.
The Candidate Profile
We are looking for motivated and self-driven technical support professionals who have a passion for providing first-class customer service in a 1st and 2nd line support organization. You will be working in a complex and diverse technical environment and we are looking for candidates who have a high desire to learn new products and technologies to enhance your current skillset.
Your existing work profile includes:
- Experience of working within a Linux Technical support environment.
- Experienced in providing a timely and accurate response and resolution to customer issues over the phone/ e-Mail/ chat
- A core focus of driving customer satisfaction.
- A strong sense of responsibility and the ability to prioritize and organize workloads.
- The ability to assess and understand the customer situation.
- Highly developed communication skills in English language, in both oral and written form.
- The ability and interest to adapt to new technologies.
Your minimum technical qualifications should include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- A number of years of experience in technical support or as a system administrator for Linux OS, preferably SUSE and/or Red Hat. LPIC-1, SCA, RHCA, CompTIA Linux+, preferably certified.
- Familiar with RPM based Linux systems.
- Solid in Shell usage and fundamental system commands.
Experience in some of the below areas:
- Networking concepts and protocols
- Storage technologies (like SAN, multipathing, iSCSI, LVM, CEPH)
- Filesystems (btrfs, CephFS, etc.)
- High Availability / Clustering technologies
- Virtualization technologies, such as KVM, XEN, VMware, Hyper-V
- OpenStack Cloud
- Containers (Docker & Kubernetes)
- Configuration Management (preferably SALT but also Ansible, chef, puppet)
- SAP Solutions
- Experience reading and understanding source code is prefered (ANSI C, Shell but also PHP, Python and Ruby)
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com