Mandarin Speaking 1st Line Support EngineerApply Now Job ID 311572 Date posted 09/21/2018 Location: Singapore, SG
Mandarin Speaking First Line Support Engineer
This is an entry-level position into the SUSE Customer Support organisation.
For an ambitious, self-motivated, computer literate person with excellent people skills, this provides an opportunity to join a Customer Support team in rapidly growing openSource business. Our portfolio includes SUSE Linux Enterprise Server & Desktop, SUSE Linux High Availability Extension, SUSE Manager, SUSE Openstack Cloud, SUSE Enterprise Storage (CEPH), CaaSP (Container/Docker/Kubernetes), but to name a few of the exciting products and technologies we work with.
The role of the 1st Line Support Engineer is to provide front-line technical support across our Linux portfolio. The successful candidate will be fluent and able to converse solely in Mandarin on a business and technical level. The position requires the related skills to support our customers via E- Mail, telephone or through live screen sharing sessions.
You will be joining a team of highly skilled Linux technical specialists providing our global SUSE customers with a 24/7 "follow the sun" support service. As a 1st Line Support Engineer at SUSE your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Identify & address customer problems and ensure follow-up actions to be defined based on the criticality/severity
- Provide phone and web based 1st line technical support.
- Reproduce customer issues and, if needed, document the solutions.
- Perform problem determination, and escalate to 2nd Line support as required.
- Collaborate efficiently with your SUSE colleagues.
- Retain responsibility for calls that you have taken and proactively manage their resolution.
- Proactive outbound customer support.
- Educate customers on the SUSE support offerings and policies.
- Evening shift and weekend working pattern.
Your minimum technical qualifications should include:
- Must be fluent and professionally proficient in Mandarin.
- Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or similar relevant degree
- Experience in technical support or as a system administrator.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent work experience is preferable.
- Experience in SUSE and/or Red Hat, Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, etc. - LPIC-1, SCA, RHCA or other certifications are advantageous.
- The ability and interest to adapt to new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organise and establish priorities.
- Team player with an ability to work in a flexible manner.
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.