SUSE Sales EngineerApply Now Job ID 311766 Date posted 10/12/2018 Location: Guangzhou, CN
SUSE Sales Engineer
Type of Employment: Regular, full-time
Location: GuangZhou / ShenZhen , China
The Sales Engineer plays an instrumental role in the overall success of the sales team. In general, the SE is responsible for working with strategic partners such as server hardware vendors (both global and local), systems integrators, ISVs and CSPs (cloud service providers) to develop partnership and business model with the latest open source technologies. In some cases, SE works directly with end user customer to assist their PoCs.
As a Sales Engineer, you will:
- Co-develop sales strategies with other SUSE employees both domestic and global
- Meet partners and customers by yourself (without sales) to investigate feasibility of sales strategies and manage its execution
- Perform presentations and follow-up with prospective partners and customers
- Demonstrate products to technical and non-technical audience
- Respond to RFPs and RFIs
- Hans-on support of PoC to partners and/or customers
- Provide technical trainings to partners
- Proactively assist marketing activities, including press interviews, tradeshows, seminars, etc.
- Participate open source community activities
Solution area you cover:
- Linux, Kubernetes, Container, OpenStack, Software Defined Storage (Ceph)
- Must have deep technical knowledge of Linux. This is mandatory, any resume which does not meet this criteria will not be considered for interview.
- Candidates must be prepared to share his/her draft idea or plan to sell SUSE product portfolio.
- Technical knowledge of Cloud and Storage is required.
- Experience in OpenStack, Docker, CloudStack, SDS is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills including good presentation and white paper writing is a big plus.
- Proficiency in both Chinese and English.
- Able to travel with short notice.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com