Public Cloud Solution ArchitectApply Now Job ID 309752 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Seattle, Washington
Public Cloud Solution Architect
Location: United States (Preference: Seattle)
Reporting to: Director of Alliance & Embedded Technology
Join the SUSE Global Alliances team, an international team that enjoys working with technology partners. Our mission is to provide SUSE customers the freedom of choice to run their preferred IT environment fully supported on SUSE technology. We are a team of confident and experienced leaders at the service of our technology partners and we are empowered to pro-actively develop, manage and nurture relationships that result in deeper win-win partnerships.
- Support our growing Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Market servicing partners such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Platform.
- Identify new opportunities in conjunction with the partners’ go-to-market that can be satisfied by SUSE solutions, products, and services.
- Create a competitive advantage for the SUSE product portfolio in the partners cloud portfolio, offering and a joint value proposition for our joint customers.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of SUSE products, platforms and technologies.
- Identify and capitalize on public/private hybrid cloud opportunities.
- Expand the SUSE footprint within the partner’s portfolio around SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, SUSE Manager, SUSE OpenStack Cloud, and SUSE Enterprise Storage.
- Match business and technical solutions with market demand.
- Act as subject matter expert on partner technology to SUSE functional teams
- Assist in defining and evolving strategy for SUSE CSPs.
- Participate in relevant marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert.
- Provide product and solutions knowledge transfer to partners, SUSE sales people, and peers as it relates to positive opportunity development and revenue.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science (or related degree and experience)
- 8+ years technical experience in enterprise software for Linux
- Familiar with Amazon (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Compute Platform tools, marketplace and ecosystem.
- Experience in data center technologies like systems management, cloud, storage, and networking
- Experience with enterprise applications such as databases, web services and middleware
- Experience in technical documentation such as white paper, best practices
- Strong communication, persuasion and presentation skills
- Experience in a customer or partner facing position such as partner engineering, product management, sales, pre-sales or consulting
- Ability to travel 50% including international travel
- Work as part of the broader alliances team to share resources, information and best practices
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com