ISV Solution ArchitectApply Now Job ID 309753 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Seattle, Washington
ISV Solution Architect
Location: Seattle, United States (Location is flexible)
For over 20 years, SUSE has delivered innovative and robust solutions for our enterprise customers. We are currently seeking an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Technical Architect to develop and maintain technical relationships with selected ISVs. The ISV Solution Architect works with SUSE software partners to help them test and certify their solutions with the SUSE product portfolio as well as architect joint solutions around SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, SUSE OpenStack Cloud, SUSE Enterprise Storage, SUSE Container as a Service Platform and SUSE Cloud Application Platform that SUSE and the partner can showcase in collaborative go to market initiatives.
This role requires a senior architect who understands how to match business and technical solutions with market demand and sells SUSE's value to our partner ecosystem. As such, you will develop a strong internal network and demonstrate an ability to creatively apply those resources to meet/exceed the partners’ needs.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of SUSE products, platforms and technologies and act as subject matter expert on partner technology to SUSE functional teams
- Work with ISV developers and architects in porting and certification activities.
- Architect joint solutions that showcase SUSE and partner technology and deliver in the form of reference architectures, best practices, whitepapers, proof of concepts, demos, presentations, and other methods.
- Lead technical discussions with selected ISVs and partners and recommend solutions.
- Encourage software partners to adopt and implement SUSE technologies.
- Position and promote SUSE products with our partners and developers.
- Assist in defining and evolving strategy for SUSE ISVs
- Take part and present at various technical events, conferences, and workshops
- National & International traveling is required.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science (or related degree and experience)
- 8+ years technical experience in enterprise software for Linux and UNIX, data center technologies like cloud, storage, networking and security.
- In depth understanding of Linux, Linux system internals and the Linux kernel
- Experience in Linux system administration and operation on an enterprise level
- Experience with enterprise Linux applications such as databases, web services, middleware, enterprise business applications
- In-depth understanding of cloud-native technologies like containers and platform as a service
- Experience with building Linux operating system images
- Software development skills in C, C++, shell scripting (Bash, Python, Perl, or Ruby)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Experience with cloud infrastructure framework and virtualization solutions.
- Involvement with the Open Source community and Open Source projects.
- Practical experience in project management
- Experience in a customer or partner facing position such as partner engineering, product management, sales, pre-sales or consulting
- Experience with SUSE products
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com