IHV and Embedded Solution ArchitectApply Now Job ID 309970 Date posted 11/27/2017 Location: San Jose, US
IHV and Embedded Solution Architect
Location: United States (Preference: Austin, Raleigh, or San Jose)
Reporting to: Director of Alliance & Embedded Technology
Join the SUSE Global Alliances team, an international team that enjoys working with technology partners. Our mission is to provide SUSE customers the freedom of choice to run their preferred IT environment fully supported on SUSE technology. We are a team of confident and experienced leaders at the service of our technology partners and we are empowered to pro-actively develop, manage and nurture relationships that result in deeper win-win partnerships.
- Identify new opportunities in conjunction with the partners’ go-to-market that can be satisfied by SUSE solutions, products, and services.
- Work with partner organizations to initiate and qualify new business development opportunities with the partners.
- Create a competitive advantage for the SUSE product portfolio in the partner’s product portfolio, offering and a joint value proposition for our joint customers.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of SUSE products, platforms and technologies.
- Expand the SUSE footprint within the partner’s portfolio around SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, SUSE Manager, SUSE OpenStack Cloud, and SUSE Enterprise Storage.
- Take a pro-active leadership role in designing, creating, and installing, and Proof-of-Concepts.
- Drive expert-level communication of customer/partner feedback and market experience to product management/engineering organization within SUSE.
- Document solution proposals, technical use cases and reference architectures
- Act as subject matter expert on the partner’s technology to SUSE functional teams.
- Assist in defining and evolving strategy for SUSE partner.
- Participate in relevant marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert
- Provide product and solutions knowledge transfer to partners, SUSE sales people, and peers as it relates to positive opportunity development and revenue.
- S. Degree in Computer Science (or related degree and experience)
- 8+ years technical experience in enterprise software for Linux
- Experience in data center technologies like systems management, cloud, storage, and networking
- Experience with enterprise applications such as databases, web services and middleware
- Experience with building Linux images with Kiwi or Linux distributions with Yocto,
- Experience in technical documentation such as white paper, best practices
- Strong communication, persuasion and presentation skills
- Experience in a customer or partner facing position such as partner engineering, product management, sales, pre-sales or consulting
- Ability to travel 50% including international travel
- Work as part of the broader alliances team to share resources, information and best practices
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, Kubernetes, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com