SUSE Sales EngineerApply Now Job ID 309334 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Rome, IT
We are looking for a SUSE Sales Engineer in our Italian Sales team.
Description of position
Our vision at SUSE is to give enterprises back control over their IT infrastructure. We do this by adapting and delivering high performance Linux and open source solutions, paired with exceptional service that will give enterprises the smarter innovation they need to succeed.
As a member of the Italian sales team, you will present SUSE to our enterprise customers and explain complex technology-based solutions that address their business requirements.
This is what we expect from a successful sales engineer:
- Drive revenue while working with several sales colleagues and own the technical sales cycle
- Work with partners, consulting, support, and education on new opportunities within our customers and prospects
- Initiate and/or assist in proposal creation
- Propose, prepare and deliver proof of concepts
- Deliver valuable market and customer feedback to our product management organization
- Provide sales, enablement and training assistance in partner opportunities
- Participate in marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, we are looking for an expert to address technical challenges from a commercial perspective. You are a self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision and a proven team player – you know what it is to work in a small local team with a big virtual team around you.
Furthermore, you will have:
- Understand and can demonstrate a detailed knowledge of at least Open Source Software Operating Systems SUSE or RedHat, Data Center technology. Preferably has a good understanding of the OS market Unix and Windows
- Experience with open source software in the enterprise environment
- An experience of OpenStack, CloudStack, SDS, or SDN is a big plus. An experience of HPC or SAP HANA is also a big plus.
- Minimum 3, preferably 5 years’ experience in Sales, Presales or Technical Support roles
- Solution architecture and implementation experience
- Excellent networking, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong sales orientation
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or comparable experience
- Italian native able to speak and write fluent English
Travel within Italy as well as occasional travel throughout Europe and to the United States is expected.
What does SUSE offer?
The ideal candidate commits to and follows through on a development plan that will build skills (sales, product, business management, technology, etc) necessary in order to grow with SUSE and make a difference in the future of SUSE and to be recognized by stakeholders as an accomplished SUSE representative.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com