Account ExecutiveJob ID 312316 Date posted 02/05/2019 Location: Rome, IT
As SUSE is expanding in Italy, we are looking to grow our team with an Account Executive. As a member of the sales team, you will be responsible for expanding sales of SUSE’s product lines. This is to be achieved by developing, negotiating and closing complex technology-based solutions that address clients’ business requirements. The main focus is on a number of (major) accounts in public sector. You will develop new relationships and partnerships with important corporate and government accounts across the region.
- To exceed revenue targets on an ongoing monthly/quarterly/annual basis that generate a healthy profit contribution for SUSE.
- To maintain a pipeline of potential sales deals that is equal to minimal 3 x quota levels.
- To build SUSE’s image and reputation in targeted enterprise accounts.
- To provide a forecast representing demand in the territory that is accurate and achievable.
- To provide a detailed account plan for each major deal within the established format.
- To understand the strengths and weaknesses of the company’s competitors and to use these to maximum advantage to sell the SUSE solutions and deliver real value to customers.
- To promote sales successes in conjunction with Marketing. This includes provision of sales “wins/loss” reference sites, case studies and testimonials.
- To provide consistent and regular communication with other customer touching departments to ensure smooth operation.
- Create best practice in business and contractual relationships within the targeted Accounts.
- To represent SUSE in a professional manner at all times and to ensure that the company’s interests are uppermost in all dealings and transactions.
- Proven professional presentation experience.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to leverage resource and support
- Independent and takes responsibility/ownership
- Willingness to listen and learn from others
- Likes to be in the challenger position versus being a position protector
- Ability to “think outside the box”
- Energetic and hungry for success
- High integrity – makes and keeps commitments and knows how to build a long-term relationship with customers, partners and colleagues.
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Proven team player – knows what it is to work in a small local team with a big virtual team around him/her.
- Likes to build and grow business!!
- Long term (min. 5 years) overall successful direct sales experience in central Government market
- Proven new business sales experience in complex, high value enterprise software environment with the ability to find/create/progress/close business.
- Solid understanding of the Linux, Data Center and Cloud market and related customer needs.
- The ability to work credibly at all levels including board and operational levels.
- Self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision.
- A leverageable knowledge and network of partners and accounts, preferably in the high end of the market is an advantage but not a necessity.
- Experience in an open source environment is preferred.
- Strong communication skills in Italian and English as well as the ability to understand and communicate technical concepts.
- Team player and the maturity to understand how to work with and motivate individuals who make up the “virtual team”.
- Ability to and experience with working with local partners.
What does SUSE offer?
- A dynamic team.
- The possibility to grow and expand your experience beyond the assigned territory/accounts.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Extensive training on the job.
- Professional Development: The ideal candidate commits to and follow through on a development plan that will build skills (sales, product, business management, technology, etc) necessary in order to be recognized by customers as a SUSE representative as an accomplished sales professional.
- Some travel within the territory as well as occasional travel throughout Europe and to the United States is expected.
Learn more about us at www.suse.com .
At SUSE we strive to build a great company for our customers, partners, owners, communities and employees. We take responsibility, both individually and collectively and act with integrity and respect. We communicate openly and honestly and foster teamwork. We expect the same mindset from our new colleagues and part of our recruitment process is focused on these company values.
The ideal sales candidate that we seek is a closer and a highly motivated person that sells with a high sense of urgency.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com