SUSE Senior Partner Engineering PositionApply Now Job ID 309889 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Provo, Utah
SUSE Senior Partner Engineering Position
Provide a Senior level Partner Engineering, developer services resource and be a technical contact for SUSE hardware and other partners who are using SUSE Linux Enterprise (and related products).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Position is on-site at the MicroFocus/SUSE Provo campus – minimal travel may be required.
- Support Tier 1 SUSE hardware partner/partners.
- Represent partners' engineering issues inside of SUSE.
- Root cause and help fix partner testing and support problems
- Track, maintain and support engineering development on partners equipment inside of SUSE.
- Develop and maintain the SUSE Partner Engineering relationship.
- Support partner in the testing and submission of YES Certification on partner hardware platforms.
- Compatibility testing and understanding of PC-based computer hardware and OS's – from netbook to power to mainframe systems.
- Ability to follow and hold others to set standards, procedures and policies. Help define and write group polices.
- Beta testing of OS on hardware platforms.
- Beta testing of the Partner Engineering Test Kits.
- Proficient at bug entry, tracking and providing technical information.
- Willingness to see a project to completion, work extra hours (as necessary) to complete projects and do menial tasks to get the job done.
- Degree in a Computer Science, EE or equivalent education/experience.
- Excellent understanding of SUSE Linux and computer hardware components.
- Strong troubleshooting experience and ability.
- Minimum of 4 years experience software test/support and partnering.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience with current versions of SUSE Linux Enterprise products.
- Experience and proficiency using web-based applications and standard office applications.
- Work well in a team/group environment, encourage, motivate, share knowledge and expertise – helping the entire team succeed.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, work well alone without constant supervision. Proactive.
- Prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications in English.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies, protocols, troubleshooting and configuration.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies, both software and hardware.
- Knowledge of SUSE Storage and Cloud products.
- Understanding of SUSE Solid Driver Program (SSDP).
- Understanding of the software development and technical support processes.
- Experience in software test, support and partnering.
- Knowledge of adapters and drivers in the SUSE Linux environment.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com