SUSE Inside Partner Executive North AmericaApply Now Job ID 309796 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Provo, Utah
SUSE Inside Partner Executive North America
- Provo, Utah preferred
- Home working possible provided good access to communications infrastructure
The IPE is responsible for all day-to-day activities with our managed partners, including
- Answering general product queries
- Producing quotes
- Uncovering opportunities
- Coordinating with External PE (PE) as required
- Ensuring PE is involved in all opportunities in non-managed accounts
- Ensuring AE or AM is involved in all opportunities in managed accounts
In addition the IPE will take responsibility for nurturing non-managed Partners, in partnership with distribution and the Distributor PE, including newly recruited partners.
(Forecasting and use of Forecasting and other tools remain the responsibility of External PE)
Place in the organization
This position reports into the Director of Partner Sales, North America
A positive, energetic and organized individual with excellent telephone manner are the essential attributes we are looking for alongside an ability and desire to learn about new technologies. Some business-to-business high-tech sales experience is desirable but not essential.
This position requires frequent computer-based work and intense daily phone work
Skills / experience
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills over the phone are essential
- Self-motivated and self-starter – willing to pick up the phone to hit call targets even after negative responses.
- Customer management experience in a B2B business
- Highly numerate
- Able to use web based tools
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word literate
- Willing to travel occasionally on business throughout the region and potentially internationally
- High tech sales experience
- Channel Sales experience
What does SUSE offer?
- A dynamic team.
- The possibility to grow and expand your sales experience beyond the needs for this function.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Extensive training on the job.
- Professional Development: The ideal candidate commits to and follow through on a development plan that will build skills (sales, product, business management, technology, etc) necessary in order to be recognized by customers as a SUSE representative as an accomplished sales professional. Potential growth paths are towards external sales roles (direct sales, partner sales).
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com