Payroll SpecialistApply Now Job ID 311664 Date posted 09/28/2018 Location: Provo, Utah
Location: Provo, Utah
Purpose of the role:
SUSE is building up a stand-alone dedicated finance function in readiness to operate independently (initially within Micro Focus) and thereafter within SUSE post completion of the sale of the SUSE business to EQT, subject to regulatory approval.
The Shared Service Centers in Dublin and Provo supports the Group’s WW businesses directly contributing to the success of the company’s 1,500+ employees WW.
Reporting to the WW Payroll Manager, this is a role for a highly organized and motivated team player. The candidate will need a competent strong payroll background and be able to get up to speed quickly on a variety of processes while managing remote relationships. Integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality are key requirements of any candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual, who is interested in advancing their career in Finance in the fast moving software industry.
A key attribute needed from this role, is working in close partnership with the wider SUSE team, ensuring there is a common respect and understanding between this team and other disciplines, to ensure the team operate in partnership, understanding and appreciating the responsibilities of each discipline.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Processing of assigned monthly payrolls through third party vendors’ in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsible for collating and processing HR & Benefit Changes; new hires, leavers, transfers, LOA, salary changes, sales commission, bonuses, terminations, pensions, medical benefits, BIK, tax exemptions, payroll taxes etc.
- Reviewing output reports
- Preparation of Control sheets, reporting and reconciliations
- Preparation of payments & ensuring funding is in place
- Preparation of the relevant payroll journals and accruals for our GL team
- Ensure that all monthly and annual tax, social security, pension reporting & payments are met
- Assisting in completion of various audits (Statutory, Tax Audits)
- Dealing with various payroll queries from employees and colleagues
- Manage the payroll mailbox to ensure emails are answered in a timely manner
- Maintain payroll documentation
- Drive efficiencies and process improvements
- Opportunities for project work will arise
Skills and knowledge required
Some of the specific skills required are:
- Third level education or relevant work experience in a similar payroll/HR/accounting role
- Completed or progressing through an accounting or payroll qualification
- An expert knowledge of payroll processes and the accounting for them
- Strong verbal, oral and inter-personal skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work tasks
- Very good knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- An ability to work on own initiative and under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- A customer orientation demonstrating an ability and willingness to satisfy both internal and external customer demands and requirements
- Working knowledge of various social security and tax legislation
Qualified candidates will have strong oral and written communication skills, ability to consistently meet deadlines and maintain high level of productivity; excellent team player with ability to work effectively across organizational functions with people of various skill levels.
- A challenging, varied and exciting job within a global operating company
- An international corporate culture, which is shaped by innovation, performance-orientation, openness and teamwork
- An attractive salary and benefit package
- An appealing career development program, which offers varied potential for development
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.