General Ledger AccountantApply Now Job ID 311660 Date posted 09/28/2018 Location: Provo, Utah
General Ledger Accountant
Location: Provo, Utah
Purpose of the role:
SUSE is building up a stand-alone dedicated finance function in readiness to operate independently (initially within Micro Focus) and thereafter within SUSE post completion of the sale of the SUSE business to EQT, subject to regulatory approval.
The Shared Service Centers in Dublin and Provo supports the Group’s WW businesses directly contributing to the success of the company’s 1,500+ employees WW.
Reporting to the WW General Ledger Manager, this role is for a General Ledger Accountant, who will have responsibility for managing the integrity and completeness of the accounting ledgers for the entities assigned to the position.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual, who is interested in advancing their career in Finance in the fast moving software industry.
A key attribute needed from this role, is working in close partnership with the wider SUSE team, ensuring there is a common respect and understanding between this team and other disciplines, to ensure the team operate in partnership, understanding and appreciating the responsibilities of each discipline.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support the local business with all accounting and financial requirements
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts
- Liaison with the group and subsidiaries on management recharges, transfer pricing and intercompany
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and other control procedures
- Ensure all Corporate and local deadlines are adhered to
- Filing of local compliance returns
- Management of external and internal audits
- Assist the tax team with the preparation and completion of Corporation Tax returns
Skills and knowledge required
This is a role for a highly organized and motivated team player. The candidate will need a strong accounting background and be able to get up to speed quickly on a variety of issues while managing remote relationships.
Some of the specific skills required are:
- Recognized Accountancy qualification is a distinct advantage
- Solid technical finance ability
- Previous experience in a busy multi-national finance department
- SAP user level experience
- Strong verbal, oral and inter-personal skills
- Energetic, driven and solutions focused
- An ability to work on own initiative
- A challenging, varied and exciting job within a global operating company
- An international corporate culture, which is shaped by innovation, performance-orientation, openness and teamwork
- An attractive salary and benefit package
- An appealing career development program, which offers varied potential for development
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.