Engineering Manager, Virtualization (Flexible Location)Apply Now Job ID 311409 Date posted 12/18/2018 Location: Any, Florida
Engineering Manager, Virtualization
The Virtualization Team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and delivering open source virtualization software as a component of our SUSE Linux Enterprise products. As part of the global open source community, the virtualization team collaborates with hardware vendors and other industry partners to build a virtualization platform that leverages the power of the Linux kernel, utilizes the latest advances in hardware technology, and serves as the foundation for datacenter virtualization and cloud deployments.
The Virtualization Team is a globally distributed team with engineers in several countries, spanning three continents, and includes several top contributors from the KVM, Xen, and Libvirt communities.
As the manager of the Virtualization Team, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the virtualization development effort
- Coordinating tasks of remote employees across multiple timezones
- Reviewing and evaluating feature requests from customers and partners
- Cooperating with product and project managers to align product plans
- Collaborating with the community and industry partners
- Ensuring that team deliverables are on-time and of the highest quality
- Performing HR related tasks (hiring, training, competency reviews, etc.)
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Three years of experience in software development and/or testing
- Strong background in Linux, open source, and virtualization technologies
- Experience working with remote and/or virtual teams
- Ability to adapt management style to multicultural environment
- Strong proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dedication and commitment to quality and customer & partner requirements
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com