Business Intelligence and Compensation DirectorApply Now Job ID 311771 Date posted 10/12/2018 Location: Provo, Utah
Finance Director - Business Intelligence
Location: Provo, Utah
SUSE is standing up a stand-alone dedicated finance function in readiness to operate independently (initially within Micro Focus) and thereafter within SUSE post completion of the sale of the SUSE business to EQT, subject to shareholder and regulatory approval.
Reporting to the CFO, this senior leadership role will have overall responsibility to manage and oversee the team that will have ownership for formulating the BI strategy for the company and have direct responsibility for Sales Compensation Management.
This individual will be responsible for developing and implementing the Business Intelligence (BI) strategy across the company and managing the transition from the current heritage environment to one that is locally managed and synchronized end to end.
Objective would be to have a single source of truth for all key metrics.
In addition to managing the BI environment, the individual will also be responsible for managing the Sales Compensation process.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing a single BI strategy across all functions within the organization, specifically including Finance, Go To Market (GTM) and IT.
- Define and organize support across the functions into a single BI team supporting the company.
- Work closely with CIO and outside consultants to implement the company BI strategy.
- Manage the Sales Compensation team, interacting with Sales and Sales Operations leaders to develop compensation plans, manage the compensation calculation tool and ensuring individuals are correctly paid on a timely basis.
- Drive the strategy around business metrics and definitions so the organization can leverage a consistent view of the business across all dimensions.
- Provide expertise and leadership in the master data management, disciplines of data governance, data quality, master data integration and architecture.
- Help select, train, and mentor new analysts to work in the organization.
- Work with GTM and Finance leaders to define required reporting elements for running the business.
- On-going responsibilities around managing the BI environment and Sales Compensation process will include:
- Manage individuals responsible for maintaining adjustment processes.
- Work with IT to maintain the database environment and provide updates and improvements
- Prepare reports and packages for outside auditors and internal control processes.
- Provide a stable data source for additional reporting tools
- Work with internal customers to develop custom reports around recognized revenue, invoiced amounts, unit analysis, pricing variance reports, and various other analytical reports
- Test and implement changes to the various reporting systems, being able to coordinate the testing with multiple individuals and groups in various locations
- Additional analysis and special projects as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or IT
- MBA and / or CPA (Chartered Accountant) preferred
- 5+ Years of Management experience in analytics and data warehousing
- 5+ Years of Sales Compensation Management experience in the Software sector
Technical skills / knowledge required
- Excellent communication skills that will allow the individual to interact and work well with others
- Strong financial analysis and interpersonal skills with the ability to focus on detail and accuracy
- Accounting experience preferred
- Experience with software revenue recognition rules under IFRS
- Database background and experience with PL/SQL, TSQL, MS Access, Paradox, or comparable applications
- Experience with Qlik / Tableau / PivotLink reporting tools preferred
- Ability to work with senior company leaders to understand and implement reporting requirements
- Ability to identify, research, coordinate and resolve issues
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task across multiple deliverables
- Self-driven and detail oriented with high standards of accuracy and precision
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Flexibility to work hours needed to meet monthly and quarterly reporting deadlines
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and work with large amounts of complex data
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.