Business Intelligence AnalystApply Now Job ID 311769 Date posted 10/12/2018 Location: Provo, Utah
Location: Provo, Utah
SUSE is standing up a stand-alone dedicated finance function in readiness to operate independently (initially within Micro Focus) and thereafter within SUSE post completion of the sale of the SUSE business to EQT, subject to shareholder and regulatory approval.
Reporting to the BI & Compensation Director, this role will be a skilled analyst in understanding databases, data warehousing and play a key role in delivering on the company’s BI strategy.
Position responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly revenue adjusting journal entries
- Provide reconciliations between multiple source systems and of deferred revenue accounts
- Prepare reports and packages for outside auditors and internal control processes.
- Assist with the preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue reports
- Work with internal customers to develop custom reports around invoiced amounts and unit analysis, pricing variance reports, and various other analytical reports
- Assist with the maintenance of various reporting systems and databases utilizing SQL to update and modify tables and databases
- Test and implement changes to the various reporting systems, being able to coordinate the testing with multiple individuals and groups in various locations
- Ad-hoc reporting, analysis and special projects as required
- Responsible for reconciling deferred revenue general ledger accounts against the reporting environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ Years of experience as a Financial or Systems Analyst
Technical skills / knowledge required
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- Database background and experience with PL/SQL, TSQL, MS Access, Paradox, or comparable applications
- Experience with Tableau reporting preferred
- Strong financial analysis and interpersonal skills with the ability to focus on detail and accuracy
- Accounting experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills that will allow you to interact and work well with others
- Experience with software revenue recognition rules
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task across multiple deliverables
- Self-driven and detail oriented with high standards of accuracy and precision
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and work with large amounts of complex data.
- Ability to identify, research, coordinate and resolve issues
- Flexibility to work hours needed to meet monthly and quarterly reporting deadlines
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organisations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organisations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organisations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.