Technical Writer for ContainerApply Now Job ID 311849 Date posted 01/10/2019 Location: Prague, CZ
Technical Writer for Container
The SUSE documentation team is responsible for writing documentation for all SUSE Linux products. Working closely with engineering, product management, product marketing and the localization services, the team is responsible for delivering superior, premium-quality documentation on time. The team also maintains the documentation tool chain, the SUSE style guide and documentation layout and coordinates software translation.
As a technical writer you will support the team on documentation projects by researching and writing documentation for SUSE products. Together with your team colleagues, you will be responsible for maintaining and modernizing the documentation toolchain.
- write product documentation in DocBook XML
- collaborate on and/or independently run documentation projects for SUSE Cloud, Container and Platform products (SUSE Cloud, SUSE Container Application Platform (CAP) and SUSE Container as a Services Platform, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and their Ecosystems)
- independently research on Linux topics
- closely work with engineering and product management when writing product documentation
- leading, coordinating and project-managing documentation projects
- write and edit articles for newspapers, magazines and online portals
POTENTIAL CANDIDATES MUST:
- understand the complex nature of clouds, Openstack, Kubernetes, virtualization and containers
- be passionate about explaining the various aspects of cloud and virtualization to an admin audience and newbees
- love to work in an expanding, growing market
- be ready to dive into the diversity of SUSE products that integrate with cloud and virtualization tools
- join an amazing team with decades of experience in technical writing for open source products and open documentation since the early nineties.
- a Bachelor's degree or related degree in technical writing or media and communication science is required (or equivalent work experience)
- excellent Linux knowledge in general and strong knowledge of documentation tools and processes
- the ability to coherently describe complex topics and to reduce them to the core
- good communication skills, both written and oral; excellent English language skills (reading and written) are mandatory
- a high degree of quality awareness and customer focus
- analytical and process-orientated mindset
- a high degree of self-management
- team spirit, social skills and a high degree of autonomy at the same time
- in addition, programming skills and knowledge about version control systems (Git) are welcome
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com