Software Engineer in TestingApply Now Job ID 311805 Date posted 10/19/2018 Location: Prague, CZ
Software Engineer in Testing
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Pursuing quality of all SUSE products is one of our core beliefs. As a Software Engineer in Test you are here to push products to their limit, making sure they perform to customer expectations and conform to the highest quality standards. Using various kinds of programming and scripting languages in partnership with developers and project managers, you write test cases and plan, design, develop, and maintain automation tools to isolate and debug problems.
The SUSE Quality Assurance department is distributed across the major engineering locations in Germany, the Czech Republic and China. We work in collaboration across teams and the SUSE organization. Together we demand highest quality SUSE Linux products.
- Develop and maintain the automation tools and various test scenarios
- Interact closely with release management, project management and development teams for a
- strong understanding of the project and of the testing objectives
- Prepare and deploy test environment
- Document, track and escalate issues
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Maintain documentation
- Working with openQA the leading automated solution for testing Linux distributions https://openqa.suse.de/
Required Skills and Experience:
- at least 2 years of relevant experience as QA Automation Engineer
- expertise in at least one of following scripting languages:
- Shell, Perl or Python
- familiarity with Linux administration
- working knowledge of git
- good communication skills and fluent in verbal and written English
- We are looking for self-motivated, creative and pro-active person eager to work with "Free OpenSource software"
What we offer:
- Positive and creative work environment with an international team
- A growing business that is at the forefront of bringing new offerings to the Linux community
- Direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide
- Contributions to pension insurance or capital life insurance
- A competitive remuneration package
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com