L3 Engineer and Tools DeveloperApply Now Job ID 309759 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Prague, CZ
L3 Engineer and Tools Developer
Location: Prague, Czech Republic is the preferred location
SUSE L3 is a globally distributed team of highly skilled Linux developers who evaluate, analyze, and fix software defects reported by SUSE customers. The L3 Team is responsible for defect-resolution in a wide range of SUSE products, technologies and areas, from core kernel bugs to crashing webservers, from simple RAID arrays to distributed Ceph storage clusters.
If you are a fast-learning Linux enthusiast, looking for a job where you can design the tools you use to troubleshoot and analyze customer issues, if you like varied tasks, enjoy solving tricky problems, then L3 Engineer is the job you should consider.
* Technical analysis of customer-reported software issues in SUSE Enterprise
* Fixing code defects and publishing patches
* Cooperation with other SUSE developers
* Development and maintenance of internal tools for the L3 Team
* Very good knowledge of the Linux operating system
* Very good knowledge of Python
* Good spoken and written knowledge of English
* Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies and work independently with minimal supervision
* Good analytical skills
* Strong communication skills
* Familiarity with Linux administration
* Experience with Django web framework and SQL
* Knowledge of other programming languages (Bash, Perl, C, C++, ...)
* Knowledge of Linux debugging tools and techniques
* Knowledge of RPM
What we offer in L3 Team:
* Direct contact with representatives of free/open-source software projects worldwide
* Opportunity to participate in Linux development
* Freedom to choose how you solve problems
* Weekly-based flexible working time
* A fun, creative, friendly and informal working environment where how you think is far more important than what you wear
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com