UX DesignerApply Now Job ID 309605 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Nuremberg, DE
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, Cloud infrastructure and Storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility.
We are looking for an experienced, creative individual who understands how to balance short- and long-term goals in a quickly changing enterprise software landscape to join our diverse lineup of self-motivated professionals.
Our design team works on SUSE products and open-source projects such as, but not limited to SUSE OpenStack Cloud, the SUSE Customer Center, openAttic (CEPH dashboard), and HAWK (Pacemaker dashboard), as well as our own openSUSE Linux distributions Leap and Tumbleweed.
This position involves creating information diagrams, mockups and prototypes of a given product/project and then working together with frontend and backend development teams to realise the UI through the correct implementation of our style guide.
- Design and deliver UX/UI features, components and widgets for enterprise-grade products
- Communicate visual concepts to development teams and other stakeholders
- Help maintain structure, styles and assets of our comprehensive catalog of web components
- Optimise existing, and apply new designs while ensuring consistent look and feel
- Help define and make strategic design and user-experience decisions balancing existing and new features and requirements
- Drive deployment of UX components and swift implementation of design improvements
- Really good eye for sleek design, cleanliness and consistency in complex systems
- Able to comprehend and deal with large data-driven technically complex projects
- Continuous improver who is willing and able to learn new things
- True mastery of responsive HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient knowledge of preprocessors such as LESS, SASS
- Efficient use of tools like Illustrator/Inkscape, Photoshop, Balsamiq, etc.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- A big plus: Experience with Linux and/or open source projects
- Experience designing web-based products and/or applications
- Experience creating visual concepts in the form of wireframes, mockups, and prototypes using tools such as Illustrator/Inkscape, Photoshop/Sketch, Balsamiq, etc.
- Experience working with front-end developers
- Agile development experience (SCRUM or Kanban) is a plus
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com