Team Lead SUSE OpenStack Team - Flexible Location / EuropeApply Now Job ID 309870 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Nuremberg, DE
Team Lead SUSE OpenStack Team
Job Location – Flexible: A SUSE HQ or Virtual Office in Europe.
We are looking for a strong, motivated and by-heart Engineering Manager who will lead one of our OpenStack engineering teams. In a department consisting of four internationally distributed teams, this team‘s task is to develop the SUSE OpenStack Cloud product, one of SUSE‘s new and rapidly growing enterprise products. The team is also involved in upstream work in the OpenStack project, in support of our customer facing teams and in engineering partnerships with other players in the OpenStack space.
Our teams are managed in an agile process with high dynamics, in tight collaboration wtih other SUSE teams working on enterprise products such as SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and SUSE Enterprise Storage.
- People Management of an engineering team that is working on SUSE OpenStack Cloud: Empower people, passionately share responsibility and enable developers in an open minded and innovative environment. Lead by example for the good of our customers.
- Actively participate in the distributed management team and to its evolution based on current needs and feedback from the teams.
- Support our agile project management process.
- Act as a technical leader together with the Architects and Product Owners.
- Actively manage relations to important customers and engineering partners.
- Strong, demonstrated people management skills in software engineering.
- Experience with managing international distributed teams.
- Knowledge of agile processes.
- Experience working with technology partners on joint solutions.
- Good experience in software development, specifically on Linux systems and in the Open Source environment.
- Strong communication ability through presentations, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills (emails, IRC) in English
- Understanding of OpenStack, its components and architecture
- Exposure to at least one modern configuration management solution, such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience and active participation in Open Source communities/projects
- Programming skills in Python and/or Ruby or other languages. Don't forget to point us to your publicly available code from previous activities.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and TDD
- Experience working with Product Management, Presales or customers on proof of concepts, understanding use-cases and resolving roadblocks
Why work with us:
- We are a tightly knitted global team that is passionate about Cloud technologies and Open Source development
- We invest in Open Source communities and do software development upstream-first.
- We enjoy being successful as a team, and help build relationships and provide support for people to be successful in our teams.
- We strongly value the SCRUM values focus, courage, openness, commitment, and respect.
- We can accommodate flexible working hours.
- We host regular events to build up relationships and friendships within our team and across the company. These range from informal meet and drink sessions to themed multi-day events in off-site locations.
- We have a tradition of hackathons and workshops on company, department, and team levels.
- We provide opportunities to work with people from around the world.
- We often provide for travel to conferences around the world.
- We like to have a lot of fun!
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com