SUSE OpenStack Cloud Developer - Flexible LocationApply Now Job ID 309831 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Berlin, DE
SUSE OpenStack Cloud Developer
Job Location: Nuremberg, Germany, Prague, Czech Republic or globally
We are seeking powerful, motivated and agile software engineers to develop and maintain exciting new Open Source Cloud solutions. Our engineers work closely with upstream projects and partners in a global environment, to create our enterprise grade private Cloud Computing solution based on SUSE Linux Enterprise and OpenStack and to contribute to the community. We love to learn and to share our knowledge, to give our customers the best experience.
- Design, develop and maintain projects related to our SUSE OpenStack Cloud
- Create and review code written internally by team members, as well as externally by Open Source contributors
- Integration of upstream code into SUSE OpenStack Cloud, packaging and test creation for CI
- Maintain SUSE OpenStack Cloud related packages during their lifecycle
- Represent SUSE in conferences and meetings, work upstream with and contribute code to Open Source projects such as OpenStack and others
- assist in Proof of Concepts, work jointly with the Presales team on use-cases
- Be the internal subject matter expert on projects/technologies such as neutron, ironic, nova, heat, keystone, cinder and others
- Excellent experience in software development, specifically on Linux systems
- Good programming skills in Python, Ruby is a plus
- Fundamental understanding of the Linux OS and shell scripting
- Basic understanding of OpenStack, its components and architecture
- Hands on experience with virtualisation technologies in Linux (KVM, XEN)
- Experience with source code management systems (ideally Github) and packaging
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and work independently with minimal supervision in an agile (SCRUM) environment
- Strong communication ability through presentations, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills (emails, IRC) in English
- Experience and active participation in Open Source communities/projects
- Experience with Continuous Integration and TDD
- Experience working with international distributed teams
- Experience working with Presales or customers on proof of concepts, understanding use-cases and resolving roadblocks
- Experience working with technology partners on joint solutions
Why work with us:
- We are a tightly knitted global team that is passionate about Cloud technologies and Open Source development
- We enjoy being successful as a team and consequently foster the SCRUM values focus, courage, openness, commitment and respect. People matter.
- We offer flexible working hours
- We arrange for regular events to build up relationships and friendship within and across teams. These range from informal meet and drink sessions to themed multi-day events in off-site locations
- We organize regular hackathons and workshops on company, department, and team levels
- At the offices, we maintain a fun and creative work environment with massage room, big open community area, games room (eg. table tennis, pin ball, table soccer, darts, PlayStation, Wii), free flow soft drinks and fresh fruits
- We provide opportunities for travel to conferences around the world
- We are part of the global Open Source community
Don't forget point us to your publicly available code from previous activities in your application!
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com