SUSE Director Enterprise Sales GermanyApply Now Job ID 311957 Date posted 11/21/2018 Location: Nuremberg, DE
SUSE Director Enterprise Sales
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure, storage and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For our sales team, we are seeking a: SUSE Director Enterprise Sales Germany.
Description of position
We are seeking a software sales professional to manage and further develop our end customer sales activities represented by top named accounts with a team of high professional Account Executives. You and your team are responsible for selling SUSE products into a set of new and existing large and very-large assigned accounts in the German market through our partner channel. You will be responsible for managing and developing the team of Account Executives and their performance as well as for developing our direct customer approach in the various industries strategically for ongoing sustainable growth of SUSE in your area of responsibility. You and your team will be responsible for the development of top existing and new customers who have the target profile for our well established and innovative open source products and services. You will be expected to become a trusted advisor on Open Source, and related SUSE strategies and products to the senior management level of these customer organizations as well as develop and maintain executive-level relationships to support your team's success.
You will be measured on your team's achievements in selling of software and services into their assigned accounts through the appropriate channels: i.e. sales will be fulfilled through our channel partners (distributors, resellers).
Place in the organization
This position reports into the Regional Director for Central Europe and will be home office based or located in any SUSE office in Germany.
- To manage, build and develop a team of highly professional Account Executives, giving each team member support and guidance to maximize their individual success and satisfaction with their job.
- To define the go-to-market strategies and business plan for your team and to assign the right account sets to each Account executive.
- To develop and drive the right sales initiatives for a solid pipeline for the "rolling four quarters" forward.
- To achieve or exceed revenue targets with your team on an ongoing basis.
- To provide a periodic, accurate and achievable forecast for your team.
- To build SUSE’s image and reputation in major enterprise accounts on an executive level.
- To support and review detailed and structured account & opportunity plans for major deals of your team.
- To understand the strengths and weaknesses of the company’s competitors and to use these to maximum advantage to sell the SUSE solutions and deliver real value to customers.
- To create best practice in business and contractual relationships within the targeted accounts of your team.
- To represent SUSE in a professional manner at all times and to ensure that the company’s interests are uppermost in all dealings and transactions.
- Bookings performance against target.
- Forecasting accuracy.
- Business development.
- People management.
- University degree in a business related discipline or comparable.
- 8+ years sales experience selling enterprise software
- 4 years in a key account manager role.
- Experience of people management and developing high performing teams.
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding goals and sales targets.
- Experienced in managing complex sales processes in a structured manner.
- Experience seeking and developing relationships at C-level in enterprise accounts.
- Proven track record in successful business development.
- Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders across all areas of the business.
- Experience with Open source, Software Defined Infrastructures and related strategies preferred.
- Eager to work as an active member of the management team for Central Europe and taking responsibility and ownership in the day-to-day execution within a fast-growing organization.
- A leverage-able network of accounts, preferably in the high end of the target market.
- Exceptional communication skills and presenting skills.
- Excellent English skills both verbal and in writing.
- Independent and takes responsibility/ownership.
- Likes to be in the challenger position versus being a position protector.
- Ability to “think outside the box”.
- Energetic and hungry for success.
- Excellent coach and team leader.
- High integrity – makes and keeps commitments.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com