Software EngineerApply Now Job ID 312033 Date posted 12/04/2018 Location: Nuremberg, DE
At SUSE we’re building the next-generation cloud platforms based on Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry. The SUSE Cloud Application Platform engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us on the journey in designing and building these platforms.You will be actively contributing to the Cloud Foundry open source project and delivering the world's best enterprise grade application hosting platform.
At SUSE we're strongly committed to open source and contribute to numerous free and open projects and initiatives. We embrace and believe in the open source innovation model and the open source business model. As a member of the SUSE Cloud Application Platform team you will have the opportunity to contribute to and be part of various open source projects like Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, and Helm. You will work together with the communities for these projects and strive to continuously advance the state of the art to meet customer requirements.
Curiosity and good teamwork are two of the values that drive us as a development team. If you are passionate about these values too, you are likely a great fit for us. As a team, we're constantly finding ways to improve ourselves. We pride ourselves on our communication and teamwork – we're all in this together!
Come join us if you have hands-on experience building complex distributed systems and API driven web services. A deep technical passion and enjoying learning the latest technologies and programming languages like Docker, Kubernetes and Go is a plus.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills:
At least 3 years’ software engineering or equivalent experience:
* Knowledge of Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Kubernetes
* Knowledge of Go, Ruby, Python
* Experience with Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS, or Azure)
* Experience of working in Linux based environments
* Experience and/or interest in Agile methodologies
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience working on production, shipping code
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to effectively communicate product architectures and design proposals
* Knowledge of Apache Mesos, Docker containers
* Knowledge of, or desire to learn Java
* Performance instrumentation, analysis and tuning
* Experience and/or interest in Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Experience with open source development
* Experience with Distributed Systems
* Experience working with a distributed team. You will be expected to engage with team members across many time zones and cultures.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com