Software Engineer in TestingApply Now Job ID 309972 Date posted 11/24/2017 Location: Nuremberg, DE
Software Engineer in Testing
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Pursuing quality of all SUSE products is one of our core beliefs. As a Software Engineer in Test you are here to push products to their limit, making sure they perform to customer expectations and conform to the highest quality standards. Using various kinds of programming and scripting languages in partnership with developers and project managers, you write test cases and plan, design, develop, and maintain automation tools to isolate and debug problems.
The SUSE Quality Assurance department is distributed across the major engineering locations in Germany, the Czech Republic and China. We work in collaboration across teams and the SUSE organization. Together we demand highest quality SUSE Linux products.
If you think of us as the traditional QA team, which breaks stuff and creates bugs reports, you are wrong, sorry. We are more of the software engineers team who is responsible for ensuring good quality of our products. We do code on the daily basis using mostly scripting languages. We are responsible for:
- developing and enhancing the automation tools for various SUSE products (look into openQA as this is our main tool)
- developing and maintaining test scenarios for various components of the operating system
- working closely with openSUSE community on improving the quality of both Leap and Tumbleweed
- supporting your colleagues in achieving their goals by doing pair-programming, coaching or workshops
As an engineer in our team you can expect working closely with the upstream communities and you can expect to have a great say over the direction in which our team goes, including the way how we work and the technical challenges which we embark on.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 4 years of experience with software development
- Expertise in one of the scripting language, preferably shell or perl
- Familiarity with Linux administration
- Good understanding of automation infrastructure
- Good communication skills and fluent in verbal and written English
- Experience with big project with complex build systems (knowledge and experience in using OBS would be a big plus)
- Good c programming knowledge
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, Test Complete, Robot Framework, etc.
What we offer:
- Positive and creative work environment within an international team
- A growing business that is at the forefront of bringing new offerings to the Linux community
- Direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide
- Contributions to pension insurance or capital life insurance
- A competitive remuneration package
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com