Software Developer (Python/Ruby/Linux/Distributed Systems)Apply Now Job ID 311857 Date posted 10/31/2018 Location: Sao Paulo, BR
Software Developer (Python/Ruby/Linux/Distributed Systems)
Location: Worldwide, having Nuremberg in Germany as a preferred office location.
We are an international team of developers that shape the future of the SUSE High Availability Extension and the SLES for SAP products. If you prefer, you can refer to us as the "SHAP" team =).
We are passionate about our applications and we love to learn new ways to make them better.
We contribute to a bunch of popular open source projects like High Availability applications: pacemaker (http://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker.html), sbd, booth, crmsh, and our web-based cluster management console Hawk (https://hawk-ui.github.io).
We maintain configuration/deployment tools and resource agents to run mission-critical applications like Netweaver and HANA on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
We hangout in IRC and collaborate with colleagues in other teams that work in related technologies at SUSE and SAP Linux Lab.
We are looking for a passionate software developer to grow our team.
- Solid experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.).
- Good knowledge of Linux operating system, including most common commands and utilities.
- We expect you to be proficient in English and be able to work autonomously in a result-oriented style.
- Experience with build and test automation tools, CI/CD tools (Salt, Ansible, Terraform, etc.).
- Experience with DevOps and Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and cluster technologies.
- Experience with Mission Critical Applications (SAP, Oracle, etc.).
- Knowledge in C/C++.
Who You Are:
- You are a team player: good players are good, but good teams are GREAT!
- You are passionate about creating excellent software which meets the goals of its users.
- You care about software development best practices.
- You like to learn and explore new areas by yourself.
- Direct contact with representatives of free and open source software projects worldwide.
- Regular "Hackweeks" and workshops on the company, department, and team levels.
- Opportunities to take part in IT and open-source conferences all over the world, both as an attendee or a presenter.
- Five weeks vacation. (*)
- Contributions to pension insurance or capital life insurance. (*)
- Other common employee benefits (food coupons, health checkups and cultural activities). (*)
- Free beverages and fresh fruits. (*)
- We know how to party.
- We celebrate success.
(*) Reference for the example benefits is the office in Germany. They may vary across hiring locations.
SUSE, apioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com