Senior Manager for Software MaintenanceApply Now Job ID 309876 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Nuremberg, Bayern
Senior Manager for Software Maintenance
Location: SUSE Headquarters, Nürnberg, Germany
At SUSE®, a pioneer in open source software, we put our customers in control by providing them with our products‘ source code, the „holy grail“ of software. This total transparency, paired with the highest levels of product and service quality, sets us apart and has earned us the trust of companies and government organizations worldwide.
To assure this quality over the lifetime of our enterprise products we are looking for a seasoned manager who will lead a team of project managers and engineers for software maintenance working on the leading edge of technology.
Our Maintenance Team works with product development teams and product managers during the planning phase of new products and releases, supporting all products throughout their life cycle. To maintain and further increase this high level of quality over the lifetime of our products a close cooperation with our Maintenance Quality Assurance teams ensures a flawless and timely delivery of software updates and new features.
The resulting quality and reliability are at the heart of what makes SUSE our customers‘ prime choice and trusted partner.
* Managing a diverse, multi-national team of project managers and engineers for software maintenance. This includes hiring, training, doing performance reviews, and driving career development plans
* Leading by example and fostering a culture of open-minded people by empowering the employees, by being a role model, by mentoring, by coaching and by giving your staff responsibility and opportunity to grow
* Coordinating with QA Maintenance team leaders, project managers and our QA maintenance automation architect on test coverage and delivery in line with agreed key performance indicators
* Ensuring that team deliverables are on time and of the highest quality
* Optimizing the choice and use of tools, analyzing and tuning relevant work flows and processes, as well as reporting on relevant metrics
Required Skills and Experience:
* At least five years of people management experience in a diverse, multi-national environment
* Significant experience in software testing and/or development
* A background in Linux, open source, and/or enterprise technologies
* Dedication and commitment to quality, to meeting customer requirements, and to exceeding customer expectations
* Self-motivated and self-organized
* A strong communicator, fluent in written and spoken English
* Has the ability to bridge the gap between user, business, and geek language
* Is prepared to occasionally travel internationally if needed.
This position will report to the Director of our Maintenance/Security
* The chance to work directly on software that powers the world’s largest organizations
* Direct contact with the world’s leading technical experts, both within SUSE and in the open source software communities
* Regular hackathons (Hack Weeks) and workshops on the company, department, and team levels.
* Contributions to pension insurance or capital life insurance.
* Other employee benefits (food coupons, health care, sports and cultural activities, free beverages).
* We celebrate success.
SUSE® provides reliable, interoperable Linux and cloud infrastructure solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. Over 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed — today and tomorrow.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com