Samba Developer - Flexible LocationApply Now Job ID 309931 Date posted 11/14/2017 Location: Nuremberg, DE
We are seeking a software engineer to participate actively in the development and support of Samba and related tools, both within SUSE and externally with the Samba development and user community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the SUSE Samba development team in improving samba functionality and features.
- Work with support engineers and customers to provide high quality support for Samba installations, including analysis, reproduction, and debugging of large, complex setups.
- Participate actively and constructively in the external open source Samba community, providing development, design, and support skills to the project.
- Evaluate customer and internal design requests for samba and related tools
- Offer new and innovative ideas and approaches improving Samba for our customers
- Work across multiple teams as required to provide a comprehensive, integrated Samba feature set within SUSE's products and the open source community.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
- 2 years’ experience with system-level development
- Results oriented, analytical, exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze complex issues, prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
Required Skills / Experience:
- Open source community participation
- shell programming (primarily bash or sh)
- Linux or UNIX
- Network protocol analysis
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Samba development/debugging/configuration
- SMB/CIFS or other networked filesystem protocol knowledge
- TCP/IP programming and analysis
- wireshark or equivalent network analysis tool
- gdb or similar core dump analysis
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com