Ruby DeveloperApply Now Job ID 309693 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Nuremberg, DE
The Data Center Management department at SUSE is looking for a Ruby Developer to work on the SUSE Customer Center (scc.suse.com).
SCC is the place where SUSE customers manage their purchased subscriptions, access software updates and get in contact with SUSE Customer Support.
Who we are (https://scc.suse.com/team):
- We are an international team of developers and designers, responsible for the full-stack development.
- Our team culture is friendly and open.
- We manage our own infrastructure, devops-style: the automated deployment, provisioning and testing infrastructure is maintained across the whole team.
- We are Agile practicioners, with daily standup meetings and a test-driven development style using pull requests and code reviews.
- We stay in direct contact with customers and other teams at SUSE to quickly identify and adapt to user needs and respond to customer issues.
- We love to learn, are passionate about our applications, and our prime goal is to create a great experience for our users.
Linux, SLES, Git, Ruby, Rails, Rspec, Cucumber, JS, Angular.js, Haml, Sass, Postgresql, Redis, Oracle, Elasticsearch, Chef, Ansible, Mina, Jenkins, Docker
- You have experience building and shipping consumer or enterprise products for the web.
- You are passionate about creating excellent software which meets the goals of its users.
- You are happy to work in our team and able to keep up with our technology stack and our way of working.
- Work self-reliantly in a modern agile software engineering environment
- Design new technology concepts based on customer requirements and realize them.
- Make use of continuous integration and write automated unit and integration tests for your code.
- Troubleshooting customer issues, identify the problems and find a sustainable solution
- Constantly maintain and refine our operational setup to ensure the overall stability of our platform.
- Join our english-speaking team in the Nuremberg SUSE office (relocation gets paid)
- Work with a well-maintained codebase with ~90% test coverage
- 28 days of vacation
- Contributions to pension insurance or capital life insurance
- Other common employee benefits (food coupons, health care, sports and cultural activities, free fruits and beverages)
- Our team celebrates the milestones we reach together
How to apply:
Submit your resume, including a cover letter telling us who you are and why this job at SUSE is for you. If you've done any previous open source work, show us.
In order to get to know you better please point us to a piece of code from you or any other project that you find really great and explain us why.
Please provide everything in one pdf to make our HR system happy.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com