Project Manager for Engineering InfrastructureApply Now Job ID 311806 Date posted 10/29/2018 Location: Nuremberg, DE
Project Manager for Engineering Infrastructure
The position reports to the team lead SUSE-IT.
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
At SUSE IT, we have a team of software engineers and administrators dedicated to running the infrastructure owned by the Research and Development.
We work closely with the development teams to provide the services and tools they need to build SUSE's Enterprise and community products. We rely on these products to provide our services and we're collaborating closely with Development teams to help them improve those services. Some of us are very active members of the openSUSE community, too.
We are looking for the player who will help us building next-generation value generation platform for our engineers. Build it with us!
How it is to work in SUSE
- Amazing 25 years of experience in open source and Linux
- Riding the wave of new trends in technology
- The multinational company full of experienced and amazing professionals
- OpenSource is everywhere in our daily job
- Hackweek (you can hack on any project for a week)
- Flexible working time
- Customer first policy. We care about our customers and we mean it!
- DevOps culture. We constantly shrink the gap between Dev and Ops via overcommunication, appropriate tools and shared codebase.
- Infrastructure as a code - we don't trust our memory.
- Agile values and principles. We constantly learn how to deliver more value and work smarter, not harder
- SUSE's motto is "We adapt. You succeed!"
What we are looking for from our candidates:
- Solid knowledge in Linux, modern DevOps tools and practices
- Agile software development exposure and experience
- Being a proud part of the team of engineers who strive for excellence in service and delivery
- Work daily with the engineering teams and users in DevOps fashion
- Identify project work and align stakeholders around deliverables, dates, resources
- Constantly work on steamlining communication channels between Dev and Ops
- Co-own the process of collaboration and work together with the team to make it even better
- Ability to work in the team which includes constant collaboration and co-ownership of team processes
- Openess for change and willingness for experimentation
- Ability to present your work inside SUSE
- Passion for automation and continuous delivery
- Balance between technology and personal interactions
- Documentation for you is not a curse, it is a must
What knowledge can be useful in your daily job:
- Networking/Storage/Datacenter Hardware
- Datacenter management
- DevOps toolkit e.g. SaltStack, Docker, k8s, Chef, Puppet
- Software development experience e.g. Ruby, Python
- CI/CD systems
- IaaS/PaaS concepts
- Project management techniques and tools
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com