Head of Product SecurityApply Now Job ID 311984 Date posted 11/28/2018 Location: Nuremberg, DE
Head of Product Security
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
SUSE is a growing company with great products, a culture that fosters openness and friendship, and where many opportunities exist.
Product security is the most important building block of the global IT ecosystem.
Our MaintenanceSecurity department is looking for a Head of Product Security who can lead a team of project managers and security engineers to provide security updates, drive security certifications projects (Common Criteria, FIPS 140-2, …), and implement a secure development program.
- Drive SUSE’s product security
- Lead a team of project managers and security engineers
- Connect with various parts of our company to improve overall software security, customer experience, and security-related communication
- Run and improve product security centered emergency processes and related business processes
- Communication with government agencies (US, German)
- Communication with external and internal (technical) customers
- Occasional international business trips
- Present at conferences
- Fulfill our key performance indicators
- Deliver project results within budget, quality, and time
- 10 years of experience with software product security
- Experience with leading diverse and distributed teams as a people manager
- An academic degree (Master/Bachelor or comparable) in a relevant field
- Experience with Information Security Management Systems (ISMS, ISO 27001)
- A broad network of cybersecurity leaders across the IT industry, academia, & government agencies
- Self-motivated and self-organized
- Very good understanding of the Linux operating system
- Very good communication skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
What makes us different:
- You will find and can connect to highly skilled engineers at SUSE
- We provide many different products and endless opportunities to learn
- We help our employees to develop
- Our work environment is creative and productive
- You can work with and within an international team
- Our working hours are as flexible as possible
- We organize regular events (hackathons, workshops, outdoor events, ...) to build up relationships and friendship within and across teams
- At SUSE the opinion of the employee matters!
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com