Full Stack Web Developer – SUSE Customer CenterApply Now Job ID 311763 Date posted 11/12/2018 Location: Nuremberg, DE
Full Stack Web Developer SUSE Customer Center
Our code name: "happy customer"
We are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to join us making our customers happy.
We are working on SUSE's customer portal called SUSE Customer Center (https://scc.suse.com).
The SUSE Customer Center is the place where our customers manage their purchased subscriptions, access software updates and have the opportunity to get in contact with the SUSE Support Team.
Who are we?
We are a team of 10 people. We maintain an open atmosphere, with different cultures and nationalities in our team. We love to learn, are passionate about our applications, and our prime goal is to create a great experience for our users.
Working on our products is organized in an agile way using Kanban, pull requests and code reviews.
We do daily stand ups, regular Planning, Demo and Retrospective meetings.
We are continuously improving our processes to make everyone in the team feel comfortable in the way we are working.
For further details check out our team page: (https://scc.suse.com/team)
- We are responsible for the full-stack, test-driven development of scc.suse.com, the registration client SUSE Connect,the registration proxy SMT, its successor RMT, and the SUSE Docker Registry.
- We are managing our own infrastructure in DevOps-style: the automated deployment, provisioning and testing infrastructure is maintained across the whole team.
- We stay in direct contact with customers and other teams at SUSE to quickly identify and adapt to user needs and respond to customer issues.
Our Technology Stack:
Linux, SLES, Git, Ruby, Rails, Perl, RSpec, Angular.js, Haml, Less, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, AWS
What we are looking for:
- You have good knowledge of the English language
- You have experience in building and shipping consumer or enterprise products for the web
- You want to make customers happy. You are focused on their needs by creating excellent software for them
- You enjoy working in a team and our way of working fits you
- You are motivated to learn and grow
- You have a solid knowledge in our technology stack
- Design new technology concepts based on customer requirements and realize them.
- Get creative! Tell us about the issues/problems you see in our products and get involved in planning new features/improvements.
- Make use of continuous integration and write automated unit and integration tests for your code.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, identify the problems and find sustainable solutions.
- Maintain and refine our operational setup to ensure the overall stability of our platform.
What we can offer:
- Join our English-speaking team in the Nuremberg SUSE office (relocation gets paid)
- Flexible work time
- Learning Time, Conferences
- Professional growth opportunities
- Yearly Hackweek (http://hackweek.suse.com), giving you the opportunity to hack on whatever you want
- Work on a well-maintained codebase with ~90% test coverage
- 30 days of vacation
- Contributions to pension insurance or capital life insurance
- Other common employee benefits (food coupons and cultural activities, free fruits and beverages)
- Team and company events (voluntary): At this year's annual team event we went hiking in the Franconian Switzerland; SUSE celebrates product releases with a party
Does this sound great to you?
Then please submit your résumé by including a cover letter telling us who you are and why you want to join our team.
In order to get to know better what your code style is, please point us to a piece of code from you or any other project that you find really great and explain us why.
And one last thing: please provide everything in one PDF to make our HR colleagues happy as well.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com