Director SUSE Labs Data & Performance (Flexible Location)Apply Now Job ID 312122 Date posted 12/18/2018 Location: Nuremberg, DE
Director SUSE Labs Data & Performance
- any SUSE office (or home office) worldwide
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed — today and tomorrow.
For the SUSE Labs Group, we're looking for a Director of the SUSE Labs Data & Storage Department, reporting to the VP of this group.
The two SUSE Labs Departments have a proud history of 19 years of Open Source contributions and technical excellence. The Data & Storage department’s team focus is on storage technologies, including filesystems, local and networked, networking itself, real time and high performance computing as well as operating system performance and scalability. The department works in the Linux Kernel, Samba, Lustre and many more projects and communities.
In the role of Director for SUSE Labs Data & Performance, you will lead an organization of world class experts to deliver the core Operating System components underlying of all of SUSE's Linux offerings, leading your team to meet ambitious goals and deliver to the high standards of quality and reliability that the Labs have established for themselves.
You provide leadership and motivation and a sense of identity to a truly global, distributed team, fostering the particular spirit of the SUSE Labs. You partner with Human Resources, Product Management and your peers in Engineering to manage a continued growth in line with SUSE's business goals. As part of this, you continuously develop your teams' skills and knowledge.
- 4+ years of management experience
- highly skilled communicator, excellent English
- proven ability to successfully work in an environment of cultural diversity
- high degree of leadership skills
- intimately familiar with how open source communities work, and how to get things done within the community
- solid technical expertise in at least one of the core technologies represented by the SUSE Labs
What we offer
- SUSE is the ‘Open’ open source company where there is more to open than just the code
- We are more than Linux – you will work with various and diverse emerging technologies, such as CAP, CaasP, Storage Solutions (Ceph, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Giving back to the community – we value openness and new ideas and we have a real impact on open source development
- We learn from the best and share the knowledge – we organize and take part in various events such as Hack Week, SUSE Expert Days or Open Source Summit, at SUSE you will have a chance to work with seasoned experts of open source
- SUSE value the individual contribution and expertise of our people across roles and functions, therefore SUSE will enable you to succeed and to own your future career and growth
- Open Source is in our DNA. It shapes our unique culture where you are encouraged to be yourself and share your expertise. Check out our culture here: https://youtu.be/aqwea0p5kvM
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com