Core Kernel Developer (Flexible Location)Apply Now Job ID 312104 Date posted 12/13/2018 Location: Nuremberg, DE
Core Kernel Developer
Core Kernel Developer develops and maintains the in-kernel process management subsystem, signal handling and memory management, both in the SUSE enterprise products and upstream.
The development involves working in the upstream community, developing new features as well as backporting existing features into enterprise kernels and debugging bug reports from enterprise workloads.
Part of the work is to analyze post-mortem kernel dumps to find a potential culprit of a crash or a malfunctioning.
The developer represents himself actively and shares his/her knowledge and further develops it in special interest groups, professional organizations and specialized conferences. An active participation in the upstream Linux Kernel community is expected as well.
- design and development of features in the core of the Linux Kernel, process management, signal handling and memory management
- technical analysis of problems and errors in the Linux Kernel
- kernel crash dumps analysis
- activities connected with participation in professional organizations and specialized conferences
- excellent knowledge of the C programming language
- excellent knowledge of the relevant subsystems of Linux Kernel (locking, signal handling, process management, memory management); good overview of a Linux Kernel as such
- good knowledge of open-source community principles, with main focus on Linux Kernel development model and practices
- good knowledge of the hardware of PCs and their peripherals
- good knowledge of assembler language
- good knowledge of Linux debugging tools
- good spoken and written knowledge of English
- accuracy and thoroughness
- consideration and assertiveness
- self driven motivation and independence
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com