SUSE Architect EMEAApply Now Job ID 309829 Date posted 11/10/2017 Location: Newbury, GB
SUSE Architect EMEA
Location: UK, Belgium, Netherlands (Flexible)
The Architect role within SUSE Consulting is a senior level consulting position responsible for providing guidance and consulting on SUSE solutions for our most strategic customers.
As a senior team member, the SUSE Architect contributes to the selling, structuring and implementation of key SUSE solutions. The role requires extensive Linux knowledge, skills, and experience within complex and large environments. Candidate must have expertise with identifying customer requirements, designing solution architecture, defining solution configuration, and deploying and implementing Linux solutions that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes.
In addition to customer facing delivery, Architects are also required to create and develop new services offerings, whitepapers and present at events.
Technical skills and capabilities need to be balanced with very strong inter-personal skills and business awareness to be able to work closely with our customers and become their trusted advisor, as well as our sales teams and consulting partner organisations.
This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Services Director in EMEA. Frequent international travel across EMEA will be a requirement.
- Expertise in identifying customer requirements, designing solution architecture, defining solution configuration, and deploying and implementing Linux solutions.
- Be able to articulate the key values of SUSE products, solution and strategy
- Attend sales meetings to assist customers in the solution needs
- Communicate effectively at CIO and Chief Architect level to articulate and differentiate SUSE solutions
- Work with SUSE’s engineering and support teams to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues and product defects
- Deliver part/all of the SUSE solution to our customers either as part of a team or leading the delivery on your own
- Create Consulting work packages and assist sales to position/sell them to customers
- Work with approved technical partners in co-delivered solutions
- Creation and input to Statements-Of-Work and other Services documents
- Input and assistance for Proof-Of-Concepts, ITT, RFP, Services proposals
- Input to best practice documents and to specific technical focus groups
- Leading projects where required
- Strong relationship with pre-sales and sales is essential
Qualifications and Skills
- A senior technical leader with independence and gravitas that the customer will respect and look to for guidance on long-term technical and architectural strategy.
- Proven technical skills in architecture, design and delivery of enterprise-level solutions in three or more of the following:
- Enterprise Linux & systems management tools and processes
- Software-defined storage (ideally, based on Ceph)
- SUSE Openstack Cloud architecture, or equivalent Openstack solution
- Platform-as-a-Service software & Linux container technology such as Docker
- Project management experience and familiarity with PRINCE2 or PMP frameworks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience in working in an International environment
- Fluency in English is required
- Extensive experience in a high-tech or software company
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Applicable Experience
- Culture fit with SUSE is essential in the growing organization.
- Familiarity with key open source software (nagios, postgres, mysql, apache, etc.)
- Project governance experience and familiarity with the TOGAF framework
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- SAP on Linux experience
- Unix to Linux migration experience
- Red Hat and Ubuntu Linux experience
- Linux on Point of Service devices (SLEPOS)
- Enterprise Storage experience
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com