SUSE Territory ManagerJob ID 312154 Date posted 01/02/2019 Location: Melbourne, AU
SUSE Territory Manager
Description of position
We are seeking a software sales professional to sell SUSE products into a set of new and existing, medium, large and very-large enterprise accounts. You will be responsible for the following regions namely: Tasmania, West and Southern Australia, which consists of current customers (clients), and help with related partners, and involved allocated alliances. You will be expected to become a trusted advisor on (SUSE) Linux, Openstack cloud, software define infrastructure and related strategies and products to these organizations as well as develop and maintain senior to executive-level relationships.
You will be measured on your selling of subscriptions and services into your accounts through the appropriate channels: i.e. most sales will be fulfilled through our channel partners (distributors, resellers).
Place in the organization
This position reports into the Sales Director for the ANZ region and will be located in Melbourne (but not limited to)
- To achieve or exceed personal quota target on an ongoing basis.
- To maintain a rolling pipeline of potential sales opportunities that is a multitude of the personal quota target.
- To build SUSE’s image and reputation in targeted enterprise accounts and beyond.
- To provide periodic, accurate and achievable forecasts on pipeline closing rate and future opportunities based on assigned territory.
- To provide a detailed and structured account and opportunity plan for major deals.
- To understand the strengths and weaknesses of the company’s competitors and to use these to maximum advantage to sell the SUSE solutions and deliver real value to customers.
- To provide consistent and regular communication with other customer touching departments to ensure smooth operation.
- Create best practice in business and contractual relationships within the targeted accounts.
- To represent SUSE in a professional manner at all times and to ensure that the company’s interests are uppermost in all dealings and transactions.
- Bookings (quota) performance against target.
- Pipeline development.
- Prospect management
- 3-5 years sales experience selling enterprise software
- 3 years in a key account manager role.
- Experience in successful selling to medium, large and very large enterprises in the assigned region
- Solid track record of sales quota achievement and success.
- Experience seeking and developing relationships at board and operational level in enterprise accounts.
- Experience with Linux (SUSE), Open source and related strategies preferred.
- Experienced in managing complex sales processes in a structured manner
- Excellent English skills both verbal and in writing, as well as the ability to understand and communicate technical concepts.
- Self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision within a fast-growing organization.
A leverage-able network of accounts, preferably in the high end of the market is an advantage but not a necessity.
- Proven professional presentation experience
- Ability to leverage resource and support
- Independent and takes responsibility/ownership
- Likes to be in the challenger position versus being a position protector
- Ability to “think outside the box”
- Energetic and hungry for success
- High integrity – makes and keeps commitments and knows how to build a long-term relationship with customers, partners and colleagues.
- Proven team player – knows what it is to work in a small team with a big virtual team around him/her.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com