Sales Engineer SUSE Linux EnterpriseApply Now Job ID 310884 Date posted 05/17/2018 Location: Madrid, Madrid
Sales Engineer SUSE Linux Enterprise
Location: Spain - Madrid
Presales expert for SUSE Linux Enterprise products with focus around SAP workloads. Thoroughly understands its capabilities and positioning in the market. Have an understanding of related competitive products and solutions. Capable of presenting, demonstrating, training and discussing the value of SUSE Linux Enterprise and solutions to/with clients and partners in various technical detail levels including competitive scenarios. Partner enablement and guidance in customer projects. Performing Proof of Concept projects to support buying decisions. Representation of SUSE Linux Enterprise products technical expertise at sales events. Discuss technical market requirements with Product Management and R&D on a regular basis and help prioritizing their according implementations.
Support the SUSE and partner sales teams to meet and exceed sales and coverage objectives. Focus on new opportunity acquisition and extending existing customer relationships. Actively support SUSE's strategic indirect sales model by providing partners access to vendor competency and support them in closing significant business for SUSE.
- Provide highest level of technical expertise on SUSE Enterprise products and in-depth knowledge of SUSE's solutions to partners, customers and SUSE's own sales teams.
- Work with SUSE sales, partner sales, consulting, support, education and identify, initiate and qualify new opportunities within accounts.
- Become an expert on SUSE Linux Enterprise products around SAP workloads and maintain competency on all SUSE Enterprise
- Initiate and/or assist in proposal creation or customer requests (e.g. RfPs) for creative integrated solutions within SUSE's product set.
- Take a pro-active leadership role in creating, installing, and supporting Proof-of-Concept or Product Pilots in pre-sales opportunity assessment.
- Communicate and demonstrate the technical features and customer/partner benefits of SUSE Enterprise products and solutions to solve identified customer problems and achieve customer/partner opportunities.
- Identify new opportunities that can be satisfied by SUSE Enterprise based solutions, products and services.
- Provide technical sales enablement and training assistance in partner opportunities as leads are qualified and pursued.
- Provide product and solutions knowledge transfer to customers, partners, SUSE sales people, and peers as it relates to positive opportunity development and revenue.
- Participate actively in marketing events including tradeshows, seminars and conferences.
- Interface with Product Management and R&D in order to provide solid market feedback, help prioritizing the implementation of market requests and get their support in complex partner or customer projects.
- Conduct technical partner enablement to make sure partners feel comfortable with SUSE Enterprise
- Provide market feedback and competitive information to Product and Solutions Marketing.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Assigned Quotas for SUSE Products and Services.
- Increase and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Integration of consulting, training and support in customer interaction.
- Contribution to white papers, case studies and product development.
- Solution architecture and implementation experience.
- Excellent networking, presentation and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of open source market
- Strong customer and sales orientation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of usual sales methodologies.
- Deep knowledge and recent certifications in Linux (SUSE preferred)
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility in working hours required.
- University degree in IT or comparable qualification.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in Spanish, English and Portuguese
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed—today and tomorrow.
For more information, visit www.suse.com