Program Manager - Developers EngagementApply Now Job ID 310350 Date posted 02/23/2018 Location: London, GB
Program Manager - Developers Engagement
Location: London, United Kingdom
Position Type: Full-time/regular
This position reports to the Director Product Management.
You may have heard that with 19,000+ global customers, SUSE is helping enterprises world-wide in their evolution of IT infrastructures. You probably know that we count many hundred developers among our colleagues, in addition to thousands of Open Source developers in our ecosystems.
But did you realize that SUSE works beyond the Linux Operating System for many years already?
Did you realize that we not only were first to support Container technology in Enterprise Linux, but we have an Enterprise Container and Kubernetes solution today, OpenStack anyways, and added Software Defined Storage and a Cloud Foundry based PaaS solution?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, it is! And if you enjoy combining your knowledge of Developers in the many facets of that word – Open Source projects, developers at ISVs, at Startups, DevOps, and Enterprise developers – with sound knowledge of program and/or product management, and a keen business sense, turns out we are looking for a “Program Manager - Developers Engagement”.
- Define and deliver a program/programs to attract developers as future SUSE customers
- Engage with our colleagues focussing on the Open Source communities, on partners, enterprise customers in areas such as alliances, sales, product management, marketing, services, engineering, etc.
- Build and manage a small but growing team focusing on the creation and execution of programs and initiatives around the various developer constituencies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our own and competitive offerings and strategies, customer and industry needs and trends.
- Identify areas of competitive differentiation and propose novel programmatic and individual actions and initiatives, SUSE in the Windows Subsystem for Linux being a successful example.
- Work closely with the groups facing customers, Open Source developers, and partners to learn and spread the message, also at relevant events.
- Define communication stragegy in your areas – and be a spokesperson yourself!
- Serve as strong advocate of developers in everything SUSE does.
- Constantly balance constraints and resources and juggle priorities and tasks.
- Proven practical experience as Program Manager and/ or Product Managerinvolving “ownership” of programs, products, or key aspects thereof.
- Strong communications, presentation and interpersonal skills, both in “same room” settings as well as over phone, mail, and instant messaging, across oceans and cultures.
- Relate to geeks as well as to suits (and mingle well in either case, building rapport and talking both tech and biz lingo). – Some travel required, including international locations and events.
- Ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team across continents with key colleagues and management functions 9 hours apart.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Experience building and maintaining successful relationships; and leadership: you will need to manage a lot, some with, more so without positional power.
- Practical experience with developer programs.
- Open Source background.
- Familiarity with Linux or similar systems.
- Team leadership (or other forms of managing people).
- Marketing and Social media experience.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com