Container Engine Developer (Flexible Location)Apply Now Job ID 310400 Date posted 02/27/2018 Location: London, GB
Container Engine Developer
We are an international team of developers, designers, QA and deployment engineers working on open source Systems Management and Cloud software.
Our mission is to develop and port open source projects to SUSE Linux, to make them enterprise-ready and to contribute back.
We love to learn, are passionate about our applications, and our prime goal is to create a great experience to our users.
SUSE Linux Enterprise has shipped container technology for years. This technology is also at the hearth of our Container as a Service Platform. We believe Linux Containers will play a major role in application deployment.
- You will develop features on Docker and other container engines required by SUSE Linux Enterprise, SUSE Container as a Service Platform and other SUSE products.
- You will work on having SUSE Linux Enterprise ship a tested and enterprise hardened version of Docker.
- You will write, upstream and backport patches in order to keep Docker stable and secure.
- You will influence the future of the Docker code-base, working with upstream and influencing design and implementation decisions.
- You will also work with users to identify problems and opportunities, turn them into good bug reports, track progress, and provide feedback back to users.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Passionate about programming and creating excellent software which meets the goals of its users.
- Team player. Autonomous and results oriented work style.
- Proficient in English.
- Understanding Open Source development processes and culture.
- You're passionate about continuous integration, test driven development and are used to write automated tests for your code.
- You know the obstacles of actual deployment and how to handle them.
- Understanding of the Linux Operating System and its low level interfaces (e.g. C, POSIX).
- Experience with development on Linux and related tools: gcc, gdb, git.
- Experience with scripting languages (eg. Ruby, Python, Perl).
- Familiarity with packaging software for Linux (eg. rpm, deb) is a plus.
- Familiarity with the Go language is a plus.
- Familiarity with Docker or other Linux container engines and their ecosystem is a plus.
- Direct contact with representatives of free/open source software projects worldwide.
- Regular hackathons (Hack Weeks) and workshops on the company, department, and team levels.
- Five weeks vacation. (*)
- Contributions to pension insurance or capital life insurance. (*)
- Other common employee benefits (food coupons, health care, sports and cultural activities). (*)
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. SUSE is also an active member of many open source communities, such as the openSUSE Project, OpenStack, Ceph, OpenNFV, OpenHPC, and more, to help drive collaboration among global communities to help solve some of the world’s most challenging technology issues.
At SUSE, we set challenging goals for ourselves, then work to meet, and often exceed them. How far can you go with extraordinary colleagues at your side?
For more information, visit www.suse.com
(*) Reference for the example benefits is the office in Germany. They may vary across hiring locations.